Widget for presenting events in progress or in chronological order (timeline)

I think a lot of Elfsight users could be interested by this app. I would love to see an animated vertical timeline. Iam giving an example that I saw in Webflow for example here.

Hi @Titouan_Dienis :wave:

Glad to tell you that we have a similar widget in our roadmap. With the help of our Timeline widget, you’ll be able to arrange content vertically or horizontally. I am not sure if the animation is included, but we’ll try to consider this option as well.

A huge thank you for sharing your idea with us and welcome aboard :tada:

What is the ETA on that? Q3?

Hi @MakingMoves :wave:

As Helga mentioned above, this app isn’t going to be released this year, unfortunately

At the moment, it’s hard to name any ETA. I am so sorry!

However, we promise to keep you in the loop regarding any changes :slightly_smiling_face:

Any news on when “coming soon” is?

1 Like

Hello @user4229

We are so glad that you’ve decided to join our crew, welcome :wave:

As much as I’d like to share any updates, I am afraid we can’t give any ETA for this app. We’ll make sure to keep you informed about any progress!

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us :heart:

1 Like

anxiously waiting :)))

1 Like

Hi @Yuri :wave:

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

We are eagerly waiting for this app as well. We promise to keep you informed about any progress here :slightly_smiling_face:

Also anxiously awaiting the release of this widget! :pray:

1 Like

Hey @jord8on, happy to welcome you to our community!

Jordan and everyone else, I won’t hide that fact that the Timeline widget is currently not on a radar, but your ideas on how you see the widget would be still super helpful :slight_smile:

Feel free to describe your use cases and tell me what exactly you’d need to display in such a widget. I’ll pass all the info over to the devs right away and draw their attention to this widget request :wink:

1 Like

I am the web developer for liquidforce.com - They are a large wakeboard manufacturer that has a lot of firsts in their industry. A timeline widget would be awesome to replace their existing brand story. Hopefully we see this widget in the future, but I think we have run out of time waiting and will have to find an alternate method, no biggie.

2 Likes

Hi @Wayne_Griswold :wave:

I cannot but agree with your point and totally understand your emotions! Unfortunately, meeting deadlines has become challenging for us, that’s why we’ve decided not to provide any specific ETA.

I am sorry to say but the chances for the Timeline app to be released in the near future are quite low. We deeply apologize that we can’t provide you with the needed widgets regularly. Due to this, we’ve initiated a discussion within our team in order to improve our app release process

Your feedback and insights are highly appreciated, as they help us better understand your needs and move in the right direction.

We will keep you in the loop on any progress regarding the Timeline widget and our progress in improving our app release process :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Max , the advertised and therefore soon anticipated release of the Timeline widget was the reason why we had subscribed for a full year to the complete Elfsigt package. I am sad to learn, that for the timeline feature, we need to look for a 3rd party app/ widget for now.

1 Like

Same here! Very misleading unfortunately.

2 Likes

Ya, might not be a bad idea to remove the Coming Soon page here: Timeline Widget — Add vertical or horizontal timeline to website easily!

I’d love to hear what you guys are thinking of using!

I completely agree that the “hook” should be removed from your marketing page.

When I first came across this page I thought
 OH SWEET! And the pictures confirmed that this was exactly what we were looking for, to have an embeddable timeline widget on our site.

I didn’t see the “Coming Soon” phrase, in its light font, just above the widget title. But as it sounds like it’s not actually “Coming Soon” you really should not get folks hopes up. If it was a priority and it was actually “on the radar” then it might make sense to keep the page up.

My condolences to @Dirk_Heuer and any others who purchased Elfsight with this being one of the main widgets that you wanted to use.

I found a few alternative options that might work:

1 Like

This is always the story on every widget with «Coming soon». The Linkedin-widget took over a year before it was released after many requests. Use AI to get this done faster please.

We will probably find something on Codepen. I’ll keep ya posted.

Hi @jord8on , I just noticed you had posted this link already. :upside_down_face: