Widget for presenting events in progress or in chronological order (timeline)

to show events in progress or in chronological order

9 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 4

1 Like

Hello there,

Thanks a lot for adding your request!

I’m happy to say that this widget is already included in our Coming Soon section, you can check how it’s going to look here - Timeline Widget — Add vertical or horizontal timeline to website easily!.

And please, feel free to add your thoughts and ideas regarding possible features for this widget in the comments here. It will be a huge help for us to make a really good widget :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

I would like to knwo if it is possible to make something similar to that schedule (HORARIUM): https://clearcreekmonks.org/

1 Like

@Atanasio thanks a lot for sharing your idea and for this lovely example!

We do have a Timeline app in our Coming Soon section, you can have a look at how it’s going to look here: Timeline Widget — Add vertical or horizontal timeline to website easily!.

We hope we’ll give this app a go next year, so your ideas on the features you’d love to see are most welcome :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help and yes, welcome to the Elfsight community! We’re really happy to have you with us :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you, Helga!

1 Like

It would be incredible to have a timeline widget.

With the ability to add dates and expandable title/body/image.

Many companies use roadmaps/timelines in their about pages and pitch websites.

2 Likes

@Grant2 thank you for your comment and suggestion!

Yes, we also think a Timeline widget is a great idea, and we even have such one in our Coming Soon project. I’ve moved your comment to the thread with a similar request, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated on the progress here :slight_smile:

And yes, welcome to the Elfsight Community! We’re happy to have you with us :slight_smile: Feel free to look around, vote for the ideas you love, take part in the discussions or ask your questions!

Hi it would be useful is such a timeline can be interactive in nature. Basically, if I want to group items across the timeline into different buckets and clicking on the bucket highlights each items within that bucket. I think the interactivity will make it much more useful, thanks!

1 Like

That’s a great idea, thanks a lot for sharing, @Varun!

I guess the interactivity could definitely spice up the app! I hope the devs will be able to consider your suggestion when start the development process :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help and welcome to the Elfsight Community! Feel free to take part in the threads, we love hearing from our customers and discuss the options :slight_smile:

A stylish timeline module similar to timeline wordpress plugins, example “Creative Timeline”

What would make the elfsight version better, would be to have horizontal or vertical layouts.

2 Likes

Great, thanks a lot for this lovely example, @Stormy!

We do have a Timeline app in our Coming Soon project, and I’ll make sure to keep you updated on the progress here :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :tada:

1 Like

I have an events company so would be great to use the widget to show the conference agenda and schedule. So having the ability to show single and then double timelines (the event splits in two) then back to single - some bits are for the whole audience, then the choice of two streams would be great!

Also interactivity to expand sessions to show pictures of speakers, bio, topics. Just copy other websites that have good agenda pages!

Any idea if this will happen? Any idea when the widget will be ready?

1 Like

@user2244 so happy to see you in our community, welcome! :hugs:

Thanks a lot for sharing your use case, the more info we have the better :slight_smile:

I’m afraid I don’t have a particular ETA at the moment, but our devs are about to approve the list of the apps to be released during 2023, and the chances are that the Timeline one will be included. Anyways, I’ll make sure to updated you on the progress :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help, your ideas and suggestions are always most welcome!

We are looking for an app to show a timeline of the history of our enterprise.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your comment, @Johann_Angerer, and welcome to the community!

We do have such an app in our Coming Soon project, hopefully, we’ll take it under consideration in the near future :slight_smile:

Hi Helga, Any updated on the timeline widgets?

1 Like

We are waiting for this as well!

Hi @MakingMoves, and welcome to the Elfsight family! :hugs:

I hate to break the news, but, unfortunately, the Timeline widget is not included in the roadmap for this year, I’m really sorry :frowning:

I’m afraid we don’t have an ETA when we can start working on it, but I’ll be happy to share any news here as soon as I have it :pray:t2: