Sender Name to replace field [field-id] values

In the Contact Form app email template, the field ids get replaced with values in Subject and Message but not replaced in the Sender Name - see the screenshot below. Anyparticular reason why Sender Name is not treated like all other parameters when parsing it for [field-id]? When these are sent it is essential to have the sender’s info in that field so the help desk system handles the incoming case correctly. Is this something you could make work? TIA!

There was a similar request filed earlier where I believe you misinterpreted the original request - Real sender name [an option to set manually] - #8 by Helga

1 Like

@Serge1 thanks a lot for leaving your request and for all the details!

I’m really sorry that it’s not obvious, but at the moment there is no option to add field id to the Sender Name :frowning:

I know that the dev team were discussing this very opportunity, and this request was taken under further consideration. Unfortunately, I don’t have more concrete info for the moment, but I’ll make sure to keep you updated on the progress in this thread.

Regarding the previous Relased topic, I must explain that it refers to the previuos version of the widget when there was no option to change the Sender Name, and all the submissions were sent from ‘Elfsight Courier’. I’ve adjusted the title so that it’s not that confusing.

Thanks a lot for your help, we’re always happy to hear from you!