No Elfsight Widgets Working Across Multiple Sites

All the pricing tables are down on the websites we are managing… Are you guys looking into it?

1 Like

I am in Australia. All Apps are down for us - Reviews, Popups, Before and After Sliders. Is there an outage page where we can see what’s happening? Not great. Espcially when the client rings you to tell you their app is not working — had a ticket launch for a dance school today. :frowning: Please advise us Elfsight Support.

Dear folks, I’m so very sorry for this situation! We’re already on it, I’ll keep you updated here.

1 Like

Hi there, the contact form widget is down as well.

1 Like

Google review widgets is down and making the entire page slower and can’t able to view the widgets in the Elfsight dashboard too

Folks, I’m afraid the cause of the issue is connected with a temporary issue at DigitalOcean: DigitalOcean Status - Spaces CDN in Multiple Regions

Unfortunately, we got affected too. At the moment we’re waiting for the solution from them, but if I have any other news, I’ll make sure to share it here.

We do believe everything will be sorted soon.

1 Like

Guys, sorry for the possible mess, I’ve just moved all the related comments to one thread :pray:t2:

Yes, the issue seems to have been resolved, we’ve also applied a fix to ensure everything works as expected. I do believe everything’s fine on your websites now, but if any issues still persist, feel free to let me know here, I’ll be happy to check everything!

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Hi Helga, I still have difficulties in accessing those files that were uploaded to https://files.elfsightcdn.com/

There’s an error: files.elfsightcdn.com ### Host Error
Screenshot 2023-10-11 160456

1 Like

Hi @user4354!

Yes, the devs were finishing the fix for this one too, but now everything should be fine. Could you please check?

1 Like

Hi Helga, yes able to access those files now. thanks

Hello,

First and foremost, I want to extend our sincere apologies on behalf of the engineering team for any inconvenience caused by the recent system disruption, which was due to an issue with our upstream provider, DigitalOcean.

Recognizing the gravity of the situation, we’ve decided to make adjustments in our approach to static file delivery. This should enhance reliability going forward. I’m pleased to note that the widgets are now operational, and functionalities such as file uploads should be restored within the next few minutes.

Being a cloud-based service, we depend on multiple upstream providers to sustain our infrastructure. While certain elements are beyond our direct control, please be assured that we continuously strive to minimize such disruptions and deliver a seamless experience to you.

Thank you for your continued trust and patience. Should anyone still encounter technical issues with their widgets, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. I’m here to help.

I wondered if it wasn’t a service issue. Thank you guys so much for your responsiveness and quick service.

4 Likes

My submit button isnt showing up at all. How stupid is that.

are the widgets down? I keep getting a server error so I can’t edit or create any widgets

Hi,

I’ll get straight to the point. The issue arose because I overlooked potential problems, even with what I perceived as a reliable process: delivering static files. Although the root cause is a malfunction with DigitalOcean Space, we won’t place the blame squarely on them. It’s our duty to offer you a dependable service.

To prevent such issues in the future, we have taken the following steps:

1. All static files are now served via Cloudflare CDN.
  2. We’ve configured Cloudflare’s cache to retain static files on the edge for an extended period (up to 1 year).
  3. We’re contemplating the activation of Cache Reserve. This will store a duplicate of the cached file in Cloudflare, which should also expedite loading times in regions where files aren’t cached yet.

In case of another significant disruption with DigitalOcean, we will transition to a different provider.