How to dynamically change the Event Calendar layout

The default settings of the Event Calendar widget allows you to choose only one layout, but now you can use a single widget in multiple layouts all at once.

Why you may need this feature?

This is useful when you want to use one widget in various layouts on different webpages. For example, you can display the List layout on an “Events” page and the Grid layout on your main page.

How to use the widget in different layouts

We’ve got it covered in our new article! Check it out:

Guys, have you tested a new feature? Share your feedback in the comments :wink:

1 Like

Is it possible to show for example 4 items on a homepage and the complete calendar on a differtent page with the same widget? I don’t want the whole list/grid on my homepage.

2 Likes

Good question @user520

This feature allows you to change only layout for the same widget on different pages. Unfortunately, there is no option to apply different settings for different layouts within one widget.

Please let me know if this explains things or if any further questions come up :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s a pitty! Then I have to enter everything twice every time there is a new event. Is it a possible feature in the future?

2 Likes

To be honest, this functionality is complicated and the chances for its release are quite low. However, we’ve added this idea to our Wishlist. We’ll be posting here in case of any news - Choose diferrent settings for dynamic layouts feature

I would like to be able to have multiple layouts of the same widget on the same page on my website. For example, I would like to show a month view at the top of the page, and then when you scroll down, you see the same events in list view. Is this possible?

I tried setting it up, but it made both embedded calendars show up as month view. It seems that whichever code is first on the page, dictates the layout for all the embedded code on the rest of the page, and overwrites anything below it.

I’m embedding my calendar in Squarespace, BTW.

1 Like

Hey there @Audrey_Tehan :wave:

Could you please share a direct link to the page where your widget is installed? I’ll be happy to check things for you :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.seedtotableoregon.org/events

In the meantime, I created a workaround by creating two separate pages, one for list view and one for month view, with a link from each page to the other.

1 Like

Hi @Audrey_Tehan :wave:

I’ve talked to the devs and they’ve confirmed that this option should work even if 2 widgets are installed on the same page.

Could you please add the second version of your widget (month layout) to the same page, so that I could check what’s going on?

I got it to work!

What I did at first that didn’t work:
I used the default snippet of code for the list view, and then the modified code for the month view. This got me two widgets, both showing month view.

What I did that DID work:
I used the modified code for both widgets, one modified to show month view and one modified to show list view, and that made it work as expected - showing both views on the same page.

1 Like

Hey @Audrey_Tehan :wave:

Great to see you’ve made it work!

If anything else comes up, we are here to help :wink: