End dates for repeat periods

I wish you could customise repeat events, so that you could specify a date range for the repetition.

For example: if an event was running for 5 days in December, I would like to be able to set start date as 12-Dec-22, and set repeat daily until 05-Dec-22. Alternatively, you could specify number of repeats.

This functionality is available in Outlook and Mail calendars when setting up recurring meetings if you want to see it in action.

Please action this! :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 18

Hi Naith,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion!

We’ll try our best to consider options for repeat periods and add more features to use them more efficiently.

If you come up with any other ideas or features, please feel free to share them in the comment here. It will help our dev team big time :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your kind comment!

We’re really going to have a dig at our Event Calendar and improve it drastically, since we see a huge interest in this widget. We’ll try our best to take this very idea under consideration as well :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help!

Helga, Community Manager

Join our online meeting space — Community Forum
Keep up with latest updates — Facebook

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Could there be a way to add a stop date to repeating events? So they dont continue on indefinitely? Thanks so much!

1 Like

There needs to be a way to set a LAST DATE ON RECURRING events.

I have different recurring events on monday-friday betweeen late january to june and then september to mid december and there is no option to add the last date of the events.

2 Likes

@user887 thank you for your comment!

Yes, I agree that an option to set an end date would be a great addition to the Event Calendar functionality, and we do have plans to think through this.

I’ve also merged your request to another similar one, where I’ll keep you updated on the progress :slight_smile:

Quick update: this feature is on the stage of discussion: we’re thinking over an option to set the date/time and repetition options.

The development is set for Q1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Helga, any update on <Repeat: First/second/third/fourth Saturday every month> feature?

1 Like

Hi @Way, welcome to the Elfsight community! :hugs:

Yes, I’ve got really good news! Our devs are actively working on this feature these days, so they expect to release it within 2–3 weeks.

I’ll make sure to let you know once it’s out here :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: More flexible event repeat options

Definitely agree that an end date for recurring events is a must. We can’t have people thinking the event goes on for infinity.

It would also be ideal to show events past 30 days so people don’t assume nothing’s happening, and it allows them to plan their schedule.

Hope to see this in that Q1 update!

1 Like

@user2776 many thanks for your comment, and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :tada:

Yes, we’re now working on extending the recurring events options, I hope the update will be rolled out very soon :slight_smile:

We also have a request to display events beyond a month, feel free to vote for it to get the updates here: Allow repeated events display beyond a month.

Thank you for your help, it’s always appreciated! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Dear friends, I’m finally coming with great news - we’ve enhanced repeat periods options!

Feel free to check it out on your widget’s Content tab → choose the event → Repeat → Custom → Repeat Ends:

How does it work for you? Make sure to share!