Allow repeated events display beyond a month

I would love for events to be able to repeat for more than 4 weeks from today’s date. I teach weekly yoga classes. To go in and constantly be creating new events seems strange.

6 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 7

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

1 Like

1 Like

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions!

I totally agree that this limit is to be increased, and the good news that our devs have included this request to their shortlist. Hopefully, it will be made in the near future, I’ll keep you updates :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for helping us!

Original comment from Kari Candelora transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

I teach weekly classes and need a calendar to show beyond one month. I’d love to use your widget option but need it to serve our business. I hope you can help out!

1 Like

@user1286 thanks a lot for your comment!

Yes, I see that your use case also requires the events to be displayed beyond one month.

I know that our devs have plans to consider this very request for one of the future updates, I’ll keep you updated in this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Display all events without Load More button

Hi Helga,

Is there any word on this - many events for organizations/companies occur on a monthly basis, so only showing 30 days only shows 1 event and implies that it is not reoccurring.

My Elfsight panel has a ton of duplicate events because the only way to show these is to manually create events for other tasks, which is very laborious.

2 Likes

Hi Matthew!

I’ve got really good news: our devs are working on this request and they expect to release it in a couple of weeks!

I’ll definitely post an update here as soon as this feature is available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Helga – you shared a response on the thread surrounding repeating events options, and just checking back here. Those options were necessary, and the other half of that need comes from this request. We can’t accurately depict our event calendar for the year, including registrations and such, beyond 30 days. Any update on the timeline? There are a few other features that would be great, but this one is absolutely essential In my opinion.

2 Likes

Hi @Matthew7 and everyone else!

I’m sorry for such a late reply, but I’m coming with news at this point :slight_smile:

We’ve replaced the limit of 30 days with 30 event repeats which should help. However, we keep working on this feature to make it as convenient as possible.

If something goes wrong or not as expected, please contact our Support Team, they’ll be happy to tweak it for you!

1 Like

This new custom function is so great!! Looking forward to the upcoming enhancement and improvement, thank you!

Thank you so much for your feedback, @Dorothy1, I’m so happy this improvement worked for you!

Absolutely, all the updates are going to be posted in the community, so stay tuned :slight_smile:

Hey guys :wave:

We are happy to announce that now you can display repeated events beyond a month :tada:

In the Custom section, you can find 2 new options in the Repeat Ends setting:

• On Date - set any date when your recurring event should finish

• After Occurrences - choose a certain number of occurrences for your recurring event

Thus, the event will continue according to the chosen period or the number of repeats.

If the end date or the number of occurrences isn’t set (it can be done only in the Custom section), the recurrence will be infinite. However, only the 30 most upcoming occurrences will be displayed, regardless of the recurring frequency (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly).

For instance, daily repeats are displayed in a range of 30 days from now, weekly in a range of 30 weeks, monthly in a range of 30 months, etc.