Blog widget

Would really love to have this widget for websites where we can’t easily create a new taxonomy and post template!

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having blog widget first for us and many other companies that post the blog posts for clients.

1 Like

Hi @user3140 :wave:

We are so happy that you’ve joined us. Welcome to Community :heart:

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I totally understand your point and agree that this widget would be of a great help. We’ll try to take this widget under consider in our future updates.

We’ll keep you in the loop :slightly_smiling_face:

Any news on a release date?

1 Like

@Rhonda thanks a lot for your interest in our Blog widget!

Since this project is somewhat complicated, I’m afraid the timeline is still unclear, I’m very sorry :frowning:

I’ll be happy to post an update here in case of any changes :pray:t2:

I use GoDaddy for my website platform. They discontinued allowing comments on blog posts about a year ago because there were not over 100 comments on posts per average. I noticed you claimed to have a blog widget, but cannot find it. It would be wonderful to have a blog widget, or at least a comments widget that could be added separately to each post, containing the comments only for the post it is attached to.

2 Likes

Hey @Aequiflare and welcome to Elfsight family :heart:

Yes, we actually have such an app in our Coming Soon project. I’ve moved your request to the dedicated topic so that you could check all the latest updates here.

Thanks a bunch for sharing your feedback and being a part of our Community!

Big need

2 Likes

Hi @user3975 :wave:

I totally agree that this widget would a perfect addition to our app catalog! We’ll keep you abreast of any changes here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for being an active member of our Community!

1 Like

Please create a blog widget that works with Big Cartel. Much needed. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @user4608 :wave:

Glad to tell you that our apps are compatible with a plenty of different platforms, including Big Cartel.

As for the Blog app, we’ll keep you informed about any progress here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a bunch for sharing your feedback with us and welcome to Community!

Please - o - please - o - please - o - please make a blog app.
I am a new client and just implemented the “Contact Us” form - took all of 10 minutes to go live on my website and now I want MORE!

A blog app - SHADDUP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

1 Like

@Coogrrr_Coogrrr That’s really pleasant that you are so interested in our apps!

Unfortunately, the ETA for the Blog app is still unclear. However, we promise to keep you in the loop here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot for your input and welcome to Community!

Hello - I have been a client for the past 2 years and you are never clear on when the Blog App will be launched. I’d have more respect for your organisation if you just said it’s in the too difficult box right now.

1 Like

Hi @Jason5 :wave:

Thank you for your continued support over the past 2 years!

We truly value your feedback and understand all the frustration caused by the lack of clear ETA. Please accept our deepest apologies

I have to say that we get a lot of requests and, actually, the Blog app isn’t a priority task for now. I am really sorry!

Once we receive any updates from our dev team, we’ll immediately let you know in this thread.

Thank you for understanding!

I would love it if the Blog post was a priority! It’s the reason I signed up to elfsight in the first place. Love the other widgets so far but the Blog was the main reason. perhaps it shouldn’t be in the coming soon section if it’s not a priority as you are leaving some of us patiently waiting.

3 Likes

@Ruaridh_Stevenson thank you so much for your kind words :slight_smile:

Actually, I have fantastic news: Blog widget was added to our short-list for development! I’m afraid we won’t have time to have released it by the end of the year already, but we’re planning to start working on it at the beginning of 2024 :tada:

As usual, all the updates are going to be posted in this thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi friends! It’s true that we’ve taken the Blog widget under consideration, but it seems we need your help in this widget development :slight_smile:

We see a lot of interested users, but since we really want to understand your use cases to make this widget meet your needs, we’d love to specify a couple of things prior to moving further :slightly_smiling_face:

1. What is the exact purpose you’re going to use the Blog widget for (service bookings, event registrations, consultations, etc.)?

2. What are the essential features you expect the Blog widget to have?

3. Please describe your ideal concept of the widget, detailing all the necessary fields and features.

Feel free to include any sketches, screenshots, videos, other services, etc. or detailed descriptions that might help us understand your vision better.

Thank you so much for your input! The more we know, the better the final outcome is going to be! :blush:

Hi Helga,

1. I would use the blog widget for publishing blogs.
2. Categories and a nice layout, optimised for SEO
3. I’m just looking for a simple/easy to use blog widget - doesn’t need to be too fancy. |

• |

Look forward to hearing more!
Shannon

1 Like

Just something similar to this as the very least. Responsive for all devices. Would also be nice to be able to filter either by tag, category, or date.

3 Likes