Widget for comments - please!

Thank you for showing your support for this, Phil. I appreciate it!

2 Likes

@Phil1 thank you for your interest, and welcome to the community!

Itā€™s great to see that so many people are waiting for this widget, I guess this fact is a decent reason to induce our devs to start thinking about the development. Iā€™ll keep you in the loop :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

I would appreciate having the ā€˜Best Comments Boxā€™ widget. Currently, on top of paying for my Elfsite monthly subscription, Iā€™m also paying $12 USD ($18 AUD) per month for a comments widget from another provider, which is barely affordable for me! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Oh, I totally feel you, @Dannii, many thanks for sharing!

Letā€™s hope our devs will pay a closer attention to this request, and Iā€™ll make sure to keep you updated here.

Thank you very much for your help, and welcome to the community! :tada:

1 Like

This feature would be perfect!

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually interested in a Comment type widget also. Iā€™d like to have my members be able to comment directly on the website instead of completing a form and having me input the info manually.

5 Likes

Many thanks for your comment, Mike!

Yeah, it seems a lot of users would benefit from such a widget, and I myself also love this idea :slight_smile:

It seems Iā€™ve got to talk the devs into it!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not a bad idea actually. In the successful message you can just have ā€œcomment pending reviewā€ hah

1 Like

Hey. This is my first time here. Iā€™m appalled at how such an ugly widget and ONE with FB comments survived in such a portal that has pretty dizzying widgets. Why isnā€™t there anything more normal and up-to-date yet? What can be done to speed it up?

2 Likes

Hi @Rafal_Witkowski, happy to see you in our community, welcome!

I totally understand your frustration regarding the comments widget, Iā€™m really sorry that we cannot offer a decent solution for the time being :frowning:

The thing is that weā€™re a relatively small company, and weā€™re really struggling with releasing new cool features/widgets at the desired pace. Weā€™re planning on releasing at least 10 new widgets during this year, but Iā€™m afraid a widget for comments is not in the list as of yet, Iā€™m really sorry about it :frowning:

Itā€™s true that we pay a closer attention to the most popular requests first, but we also have to keep in mind the development complexity when prioritizing tasks, hence the outcome.

I keep reminding our devs about this widget request though, and I do believe it will produce an effect.

Many thanks for your comment, itā€™s important hearing from you!

1 Like

I have created a page (using your pdf widget) on creative writing where children write and upload their articles. I felt this would be much more interactive if I could place a widget below where they can comment and provide feedback on eachothers article.

I am glad to have found this website. It has helped me a lot to run my website on creative writing. An initiative for children.

2 Likes

@Sandip_Chowdhury thanks a lot for sharing your use case and for joining our community! Welcome :hugs:

Yes, a Comments widget seems to be quite a desirable one, hopefully, weā€™ll give it a go!

Well, still no Blog Comments feature so itā€™s time for me to move on :cry:. My annual Elfsight Pro Pack plan is up for renewal in a few days. For the first time since I joined in March 2021, I wonā€™t be renewing, sadly.

Although I use a few of the other widgets, theyā€™re not crucial to my business and I canā€™t keep justifying my Elfsight payment when the main thing I was here for was the ā€œComing Soonā€ blog comments.

No hard feelings, just sad it couldnā€™t be accomplished. Thank you, @Helga, for always being so welcoming, and for helping with my questions and requests. I appreciate you! Wishing all of my fellow business owners great success! xo

@Erika Iā€™m so very sorry to hear that, Erica! But I understand your reasons and, to be honest, Iā€™m myself really upset that we havenā€™t developed the Comments widget yet.

Thank you very much for all your support and kind words! I do hope to see you back one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking for a widget that will add a comment section to my website.

Hey @Amanda_Apostolos :wave:

Happy to inform you that we have such a widget in our Coming Soon project. Iā€™ve moved your comment to the dedicated discussion where weā€™ll post all the updates :slightly_smiling_face:

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and welcome to Community!

Comments having been ā€œComing Soonā€ since at least 2021 when I joined. Unless something has changed recently, theyā€™re not on the product roadmap (please see my interactions here with Helga). I wish theyā€™d take that ā€œcoming soonā€ down as itā€™s misleading and potentially false advertising?

1 Like

Hey Erica, thatā€™s quite fair, Iā€™m really sorry that our coming soon page turned out to be somewhat misleading. I know that weā€™re going to revise this page so that it doesnā€™t look so encouraging.

Thank you for your comment!

1 Like

can someone just give me and eta on this thing I use this app for everything on my website but no comments still

2 Likes

@user3906, happy to see you on our forum!

Much as Iā€™d love to give you an ETA, Iā€™m afraid we donā€™t have it as of yet, Iā€™m really sorry :frowning:

We do love the idea of making a widget for comments, but for the time being itā€™s still in the status of an idea only. We really hope weā€™ll finally consider its developments and set concrete timeline, and Iā€™ll be happy to give an update here as soon as I have any info in this regard.

Thank you for your interest!

1 Like