Twitter timeline feed doesn´t updated

Hi, just say that the twitter feed timeline doesnt update. It´s connected, if I check or uncheck element as date, share, etc it update but not the timeline.
Thanks a lot
Felix

1 Like

Hi @Felix! Welcome to Community :heart:

I’m very sorry to know that you faced such an issue and I’ll be happy to help.

To fix it, please disconnect the widget from Twitter:

image-14-.png

Then, reconnect it again.

Please let me know if it helped :slightly_smiling_face:

I have the same problem. Tried the disconnect and reconnecting method. This did not fix the issue.

1 Like

Hi, I tried but did not fix the issue. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi @Steven6 and welcome to Community :heart:

I’ve checked your website and all the posts seem to be displayed in the feed now:

Could you please check it and let me know if everything is fine?

If the issue still persists, please follow these steps:

1. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
  2. Check your website in Incognito mode and another browser
  3. Check your website on another device

Please let me know if it helped.

@Felix I am so sorry about this inconvenience!

Could you please send me a direct link to the webpage where your widget is installed?

I’ll be happy to check things!

Hi Max
You can see it at bottom sidebar https://recovercenter.canalpress.net/
The twitter account is @canalpress_sp

Thanks a lot

1 Like

@Felix The issue occurred due to the recent API changes on Twitter side. To stabilize the performance of the widget, our devs had to temporarily increase the cache time. Right now, the Twitter Feed renews once in every 7 days. For this reason, the last 2 posts are not displayed in the feed. I am really sorry about it :pensive:

I apologize for the long refreshment time. Our devs are working hard to bring the cache time back to normal.

If the cache time is over and the posts still didn’t appear in your feed, please try to reconnect it. In case it didn’t help, please let us know. We’ll be happy to check things.

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Site is https://torriano.camden.sch.uk and the twitter feed is on the front page. I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting but it doesn’t appear to help.

1 Like

Hello @Martin_Nicholls !

It’s really great to see you on our forum, I hope you will find this space useful :slight_smile:

I however have to mention that this forum is dedicated to Elfsight cloud apps, thus we can assist with only cloud apps-related questions here. As far as I see, you’re using our WP standalone plugin, which looks and works differently.

I advise you to ask your question via our CodeCanyon form, our team will try their best to provide the answers there :raised_hands:t2:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Interruption in the work of the Twitter Feed app

Good morning! New to elfsight, but am using it for a Twitter feed and i am having an issue with the feed not being up to date?

Did the development team manage to fix this and bring the cache time back to normal?

Thank you.

Sarah

1 Like

Hi @user3338 and welcome to Community :wave:

I am deeply sorry about the inconvenience!

Could you please send me a direct link to the webpage where your widget is installed?

I’ll be happy to investigate it for you :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t as it’s an intranet and only people on our IP address can access for security.

There is no doubt that it has a delay (see below), as per the chain I commented on has the cache be returned to normal?

Actual twitter feed:

Thank you.

Sarah

Elfsight feed
image001

@user3338 I got you!

I see that the last displayed post was published on June 22. I have to say that, at the moment, the cache time is 96 hours. I am so sorry about such a long refreshment period. Our devs are doing all their best to get it back to normal.

Thus, the new posts should be collected today.

If the new posts don’t appear today, please let me know. I’ll be happy to check things for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for coming back to me. It seems to have been going on for a while and appreciate its beyond your control, but disappointing when we are effectively paying per view (via whatever package you have) and its not up to date.

I will report back if its not updated today, although if it updates again then it won’t update again until much later in the week is that correct?

Regards

Sarah

I totally understand how inconvenient it can be, and I am really sorry for all the frustration caused!

Once the cache time expires, the widget will be updated in 4 days (96 hours).

However, we are doing all the best to reduce the cache time and get it back to normal as soon as possible.