Reviews: Inability of collecting new reviews/incorrect display of the rating

Hi Max,

Thanks for your help previously. The google review rating is off again - this time it dropped to 4.0. Why is the problem recurring? Also, the latest review has not been added.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,
Leona

1 Like

Hi again,

In fact, all our Google review ratings have been reduced to 4.

Could you look into this urgently?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Leona

1 Like

Hey guys @user3085 @user3084 @WindyDay @user3080 @user3081 @SAS_PYVER

Thank you for waiting!

The issue with the incorrect rating is fixed.

Please check your widgets and let me know if everything is fine on your side.

Hi @WindyDay

I totally understand your feelings and realize how inconvenient it can be. Please accept my sincere apologies!

I agree that the idea of toggle would be of a great help. If youā€™d like to temporarily deactivate the widget for you, please let us know and weā€™ll be happy to do it for you.

I am glad to tell you that the issue with the incorrect rating is fixed. Please check your sources and let me know if it helped.

Hi @Leona_Lo

I am terribly sorry about all the frustration caused by the issue!

Iā€™ve checked your widgets and everything seems to be working fine now. Could you please check it and let me know how it works?

Not sure if this is the same issue, and I apologize if I should be posting this concern elsewhere, but the Facebook Reviews widget is still not collecting new reviews from my Facebook page. It picked up the ones I had a few days ago when I first installed the widget, but new reviews since then have not been scraped.

1 Like

Hi @Greg_Hammond and welcome to Elfsight Community :heart:

I see that my colleague Irene has already contacted you and the issue seems to be resolved.

If any other questions come up, please feel free to contact us. Weā€™ll be happy to help!

Have a great day :wink:

Hey Max, thanks for the reply. That was actually on a different topic [FB Messenger in the chat widget], with which Irene was very helpful. This problem is different, and it remains unresolved. For some reason, the FB Review widget is not scraping my FB pageā€™s latest reviews. Havenā€™t figured out why.

1 Like

@Greg_Hammond Oh, I am so sorry about this confusion!

Iā€™ve checked your widget and see that the new reviews were left a day ago. The reason why the latest reviews donā€™t appear straightaway is 48-hours cache time.

If the cache time is over and the reviews still didnā€™t appear, please let me know and Iā€™ll be happy to check things for you!

The cache time makes perfect sense. Iā€™ll give it another day or two.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Show Reviews from Australian Sites

Hi Max, it works now. However, this and this are not pulling the latest reviews but our other pages are. This is not displaying the review text.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi @Leona_Lo :wave:

At the moment, our Google Reviews has 72-hours cache time, thatā€™s why the new reviews donā€™t appear straightaway.

If the cache time is over and the reviews still didnā€™t appear, please let us know. Weā€™ll be happy to check things for you.

As for the last source, the reviews are not displayed because of the settings chosen. You have 2 reviews (1st - 5-star without text, 2nd - 4-star with text) and youā€™ve chosen to display 5-star reviews with text:

If you change the settings, both reviews will be displayed:

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m pleased to report that the FB Reviews scrape has picked up my latest reviews, and that the ā€œWrite A Reviewā€ button is operating correctly. Thanks!

1 Like

@Greg_Hammond Happy to hear you are good now :slightly_smiling_face:

If anything comes up, feel free to let us know. Weā€™ll be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Hi Max, thanks for the detailed explanation - as always! Four days have passed and the latest five star review with text is still not reflecting here. Thanks for your help in advance!

1 Like

Hi @Leona_Lo :wave:

Iā€™ve checked your website and everything seems to be fine now:

Could you please check it and let me know how it works for you?

Hi Max, thanks for your help. Allā€™s good now!

1 Like

You are always welcome :raised_hands: