Related Posts Widget With Thumbnails For Blogspot/Blogger and Other Sites

The given Related Post Widget has two major problems. First, thumbnails have to be embedded in the post, and it seems they can’t be links from outside sites. So, it takes more time and space to put them in.

The other is that the related posts shown are just based on a post’s “labels,” and things like “search description,” heading (h1), and other parts of a post, if possible, should be used to refine wat people see. For example, I have a fan-trailers of the Hitman movies on here, but my reviews of them aren’t shown as related posts, and vice-versa. Videos only lead to more videos, and that only goes so far, when most of the content on there is writing.

Can you guys build something to fix this, please? A lot of us could really use it.

Thank You,

Eddie

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 1

Hello Eddie,

Thanks a lot for submitting your idea and for all the details provided!

This widget would be a really handy solution, I agree, and I really hope we will be able to think over its implementation in the future.

And yes, if you come up with any other ideas, you’re most welcome to leave them all here in the comments. It will be a huge help for the dev team :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help and contribution!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Eddie Thomson transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Eddie Thomson transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Eddie,

Thanks a lot for your comments and for the info! The websites do look appealing with pretty interesting ideas to pay attention to.

As for Wishlist widget, unfortunately, we don’t have this one yet. However, we have it in our Cooming Soon section, and you are also very welcome to vote for this widget request here - Wish list for site visitors | Feature Wishlist.

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile: