Recurring calendar items expire automatically

Currently, we enter recurring calendar events – like a two-month art exhibit or a weekly seasonal farmers market – as a recurring calendar event. However, these instances do not drop off the calendar until after the entire exhibit or market has been completed. Meaning when users come to our calendar, it looks like it’s very out of date. Could recurring calendar items drop off automatically after that date passes? It is very inconvenient to add 60 individual events for a two-month exhibit. Thank you!

2 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 7

Hello Erin,

Thanks for adding your idea!

I see your use case, and I agree that it would be much more convenient to have past recurring events hidden. We’ll try our best to think this option through and consider it for our future updates.

Thanks for your help!

Helga, Community Manager

Find more Elfsight solutions — Widget Catalog
Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Joe Matkin transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Joe, and thanks a lot for your suggestion!

It seems Erin has an event only, let’s say, once a week during two months, that’s why he needs it to be recurring for this period. Otherwise, he’d have to update it manually each time.

However, maybe this solution would still work for you, @Erin?

Helga, Community Manager

Join our online meeting space — Community Forum
Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Quick update: this feature is on the stage of discussion: we’re thinking over an option to set the date/time and repetition options.

The development is set for Q1 :slight_smile:

Hello friends,

I’m happy to say that now your recurring events get expired automatically, so you don’t have to create separate events for a long campaign!

Feel free to share your feedback, it’s crucial as always :slight_smile: