Open WhatsApp directly

when someone clicks the WhatsApp icon I would like it immediately to open WhatsApp but instead it opens a chat window and then WhatsApp.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 15

Original comment from Alex Castiglioni transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comment!

I do see your reason, however, at the moment our Whatsapp widget is a tool to open an initial Whatsapp app that has to be installed on the device. So our widget is a provider to the needed chat that takes place on Whatsapp.

We’ll try to consider your requests and think about what can be done to have a chat right in the window on the page.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts here!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Asaf Blechner transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello Asaf,

I totally understand your frustration, and we ourselves are disillusioned that we haven’t implemented this feature yet.

You see, this option appeared to be more complicated than we had expected, and its realization requires a lot of research and efforts, although it looks quite the opposite.

We realize that a lot of people would benefit from this feature, and I’m truly sorry that we have to make our customers wait for it to go live for so long.

We’ll try to pay attention to this idea in our future updates, I’ve already let our Dev Team know how desired it is.

Thank you for your understanding!

Helga, Community Manager

Join our online meeting space — Community Forum

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Bertie,

Thanks a lot for your comment!

It’s true that at the moment we don’t have a solution to open a chat directly in the WhatsApp, but we do have plans to have a deeper research and try to make it happen in our nearest updates.

I do believe our dev team will find a way :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Join our online meeting space — Community Forum