Non-delivery of emails to those in To line, delivered to those in BCC

With almost 200 contact forms in place, many of which have been built for a couple of years and have worked faultlessly, we are now seeing multiple customers not receiving their form submissions.

Our business emails are in BCC to ensure we have copies of all that goes through our website, and that looks to work ok. Our customers in the To line, some get the delivery, most do not.

This is an issue that we’ve investigated and drawn the conclusion that it began in October last year, but, we actively saw this in January.

Since then, we have been forwarding received emails to our customers, and having to email them to ask the question, ‘did you get the message that came from our contact form’. At the moment, we’re having to keep an Excel spreadsheet of those that we know receive emails, and those that don’t. Those that don’t, we continue to forward emails to.

Is anyone else seeing the same or similar issue?

2 Likes

Hi @Phil :wave:

I am genuinely sorry for all the inconvenience caused by the issue!

I see that my colleague Renata is already working on your request, so she’ll get back to you as soon as possible and reply to your latest message :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Phil, I’m so very sorry that you have to face this issue!

You know, I’ve discussed your use case with the devs, and what we can tell for sure is that it’s not a global issue. We’ve run several tests which showed no errors on our end, meaning there could be some other external factors, such as aggressive spam-filters, affecting the delivery.

I also see that our colleague Renata is working with your case, and I do believe we’ll be able to find a solution. Surely, the investigation is going on :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I too can report that I experienced EXACTLY the same issue. I too can confirm that it started sometime around January 2024 or thereabouts? Forms were working perfectly prior to that.

It did appear to be an intermittent problem with some forms coming through - and others not.

I investigated the headers of the received forms and for the moment at least, it appears as though I have solved our issue.

As I have control over spam filtering at server level, I whitelisted both *@forms.elfsightmail.com and *@sendgrid.info. Forms appear to now be received correctly. Hopefully that may help.

Hi @PeeBee and welcome aboard :wave:

I am genuinely sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this situation!

Yes, the issue you’ve described seems to be caused by aggressive spam filters as well, however, I am happy to hear that it is resolved now.

If anything comes up, don’t hesitate to contact us here. We’ll be more than happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a bunch for sharing your feedback!