Multilingual Support in Widget

Give separate areas for more than one language so that we can set the widget for different languages and apply the code in one for all languages.

So for each language, there will be proper RTL or LTL functionality.

Thank you for giving us this flexibility to put our thoughts on future enhancements, great strategy.

Hats Off! Elfsight!

1 Like

Hi there @Safdar_Shamshad and welcome to Community :wave:

Thank you for adding your idea to Wishlist!

Do I understand correctly, that you’d like to have different language settings for different sourcen within one widget? For example:

If I misunderstood you, please describe your suggestion in more detail :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Max,

Thanks for having me here and hearing me out promptly.

No, I meant, we’ve Multilingual pages as you already see in the snapshot.

What I have trouble with the widget is not having RTL functionality. It’s working fine with the English side, but If the user switches to the Arabic side, the whole widget should change to RTL with all the wordings and alignments.

Right now the widget is LTL for the English page but also on the Arabic page, but I need it to change to RTL on the Arabic page.

I hope you understand me now, If not, again ping me, please.

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Thank you, I got your idea!

I’ve talked to our devs and they will try to customize the widget this way. I’ll get back to you once I receive any news from them :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m shocked by Elfsight’s prompt support and this feature of putting ideas on the desk. It’s awesome and you too for your support, here.

Once again Hats Off!
And yeah eagerly waiting to see the changes.

What an amazing feedback, thank you so much :heart:

Sure, we’ll keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face:

@Safdar_Shamshad We’ve double-checked things and see that now RTL option is already applied to the Arabic version of your website, while the English version keeps LTR.

Arabic:

English:

Do I understand correctly that now you just need to align the widget to the right for the Arabic version? Here is what I mean:

However, if it’s not what you’d like to achieve, please elaborate on it.

Good Morning,
@Max

Hope you’re fine and doing well.

Thanks for your reply, Yes I can see it, I mean It’s not properly aligning on the Arabic side like in these screenshots, double-check the arrows for the Tab bar, you’ll find that one arrow is going hidden on the Arabic side and then Google logo in place of Overall Rating in Header area is also not visible on both side If I change the language to Arabic from widget settings.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 090815

Also, As you said and showed RTL is working, but on my end, it’s not and it’s the same as on the English page.

English:

Arabic:

One more thing, is there an option that I can have separate for English and Arabic pages or do I have to make 2 widgets I guess to make it happen properly?
As for names and editing separate columns for English and Arabic, I think you’ll suggest to me that make 2 widgets and the code separately for each page, right?

Thanks and Regards!
Safdar S

@Safdar_Shamshad

Google logo isn’t displayed in the header because you’ve chosen Show tabs option, but didn’t enable Group Sources by Platform option:

If you enable it, the logo will be displayed:

I’ve checked your website once again and see that RTL option is applied to the reviews of the Arabic version and the reviews on English version have standard direction. However, I see the issue with the arrows and with the widget header and title for English version:

We’ll check it and let you know if anything can be done.

If I understood your last question correctly, you’d like to have separate widget settings for these 2 pages (Arabic and English). In this case, you are right, you need to create 2 different widgets and install them on these pages :slightly_smiling_face:

:sweat_smile: Yah, Yah! I just checked the Google Icon I put it off because of improper alignments only.

Alright, I’ll wait for your reply on the arrow and all.

Once again,
Thank you so much!

Safdar S

@Safdar_Shamshad Hi Safdar, let me step in for Max while he’s on holiday :slight_smile:

I see that the devs have fixed the widget behaviour, so it should be displayed correctly both in Arabic and in English. We, however, had to disable RTL for the sources panel as it caused a conflict, unfortunately.

Could you please check and let me know what you think about the current result? :slight_smile:

1 Like