More flexible event repeat options

Original comment from Ben Boutwell transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Thanks for your kind reply and your valuable comment, Ben!

Iā€™ll make sure to pass it along to our dev team and really think it will be helpful.

Thank you once again :slight_smile:

Original comment from Bryan Wieczorek transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Bryan!

I totally get you, and Iā€™m so very sorry that our replies are that vague :frowning:

You see, we have to admit that at the moment our desires and plans are bigger than our capabilities, thus sometimes we simply fail to meet the deadline.

In order not to give false hopes, Iā€™d love to say that we have plans to knuckle down to significantly improving our Event Calendar widget, cuz we see a great potential in it.

Much as Iā€™d love to set an ETA for this, Iā€™m afraid all I can say is that weā€™re going to stretch ourselves to make it as soon as possible.

Iā€™m really sorry for yet another dim update :pensive:

Original comment from Diana Kilby transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear Diana,

I totally understand your point and frustration, and youā€™re absolutely right saying that we must be frustrated, too. We so are!

Unfortunately, weā€™ve encountered the issue of the lack of resources to carry out all the wanted features. Weā€™re deeply sorry if we made you feel as if everything you post here falls on deaf ears, itā€™s definitely not the case.

We understand how disappointing it is to wait for so long, and weā€™re truly sorry about it.

I assure you that weā€™re making every endeavour to improve the situation and bring more useful updates :pray:t2:

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Abi Townsend transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Stephanie Pipe transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear folks,

I absolutely feel you, and I cannot apologize enough for this situation. We do see that this feature is desired and wanted by a lot of people, and it makes us feel terrible that we havenā€™t found any solution yet.

Iā€™ve got an update from our developers that they are to start updating the Event Calendar app in September. I also need to say that this app needs a major update, and itā€™s difficult to say how much time this feature development would take. Weā€™ll do everything in our power to release it as soon as we can.

Once again, weā€™re truly sorry for this horrible delay :pray:t2:

Some events repeat not daily or weekly, but monthly. It would help if I could indicate that.

1 Like

@user1655 very good suggestion, thanks a lot for sharing! We see that a lot of users need this very feature.

Iā€™ve moved your comment to the thread where we discuss this option - Iā€™ll keep you updated on how things are going here as well.

Thank you for helping us!

Yes PLEASE! Definitely will add value to the product.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your comment, @user293!

Please donā€™t forget to vote for the ideas you love in order to make them stand out: the more votes, the faster release :slight_smile:

Thank you for helping us!

Quick update: this feature is on the stage of discussion: weā€™re thinking over an option to set the date/time and repetition options.

The development is set for Q1 :slight_smile: