Form widgets: How to open forms from a custom button

Would like to get in touch with your website’s visitors, but the Form takes up too much space on the site? We have a perfect workaround!

With our Form widgets, you can make the floating form to appear right from a custom button on your website.

How to do this?

:one: Choose Floating Pane layout on the Layout tab of your widget’s settings:

:two: Create the element/button which you need the form to come up from and add the following attribute to it: data-elfsight-show-form="*WIDGET_ID*" where you need to replace WIDGET_ID with the actual ID of your widget.

:three: Add your widget’s installation code to the Custom HTML section of your website.

:four: Add the following supplement right after the installation code in order to hide the floating Form button:

<style>
[class*="FloatingButton__FloatingButtonContainer"] {
   display: none;
}
</style>

This is what it should like after that:

<script src="https://static.elfsight.com/platform/platform.js" data-use-service-core defer></script>
<div class="elfsight-app-d04b9aa5-efc5-4b96-a4ce-92039bc995a8" data-elfsight-app-lazy></div>
<style>
[class*="FloatingButton__FloatingButtonContainer"] {
   display: none;
}
</style>

:five: Save the changes.

Guys, feel free to ask any questions about this article! Let’s dive deeper together - we’re here and eager to help :wink:

Hi, How can we install it like a floating pane without the button? Do we have option to float it in the center?

1 Like

Hi there @user6000 and welcome aboard :wave:

I am afraid there is no option to make the widget floating in the center of the page without having a button. I am really sorry!

I guess our Popup app might be the right option in this case. You can add a form block there and display the widget in the center of the page without a button:

Form blocks in Popup has fewer options comparing with our Forms apps. However, perhaps it still might suit your case, so feel free to check it out :wink:

1 Like