Activate the floating page via a link

Possibility to activate the floating page via a link instead of the “contact us” button

1 Like

Hi @user8320,
thats ist a solution for a Button.

<input data-elfsight-show-form="here-the-elfsight-code-without-his text->elfsight-app-" type="submit" value="Button Text">

https://help.elfsight.com/article/777-form-builder-widget-from-a-custom-button

I think if you try with <a data-elfsight-show-form="...">Link</a> ??

1 Like

Hi Sina,

Thank you for your response. However, that’s not what I meant. I prefer not to use that button. I would like to activate the page using a link on my website instead of the button.

1 Like

Hi there, @user8320 :wave:

Just a couple of questions to clear things up:

• Do you want to have a clickable text on your page (not the button), that should trigger the floating form to appear?

• Should the form be opened on the same page with the linked text, or you want to direct users to another page where the floating from will slide in by default?

<style>
button {
  background: none!important;
  border: none;
  padding: 0!important;
  /*optional*/
  font-family: arial, sans-serif;
  /*input has OS specific font-family*/
  color: #069;
  text-decoration: underline;
  cursor: pointer;
}
</style
<button> your button that looks like a link</button>
<button data-elfsight-show-form="Widget-ID"> your button that looks like a link</button>
<script src="https://apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js" defer></script>
<div class="elfsight-app-Widget-ID">&nbsp;</div>

Where to get your widget ID

Hi Max,

I will place the script in the footer of my website so that it’s accessible from every page. I want to activate the form via the “Tarieven” link in the menu of my website (see attached photo). The “Contact us” button from the previous image should no longer be visible. Do you think this is possible?

1 Like

@user8320 Should the Tarieven button open the Form Builder on the same page? Or do you want to click on this button and you’ll get redirected to this page, where the form will automatically slide in?

And on more question: if you install this widget to all pages, do you want to trigger it by clicking on another tabs (Home, Reparatie, etc)?

We have implemented this on some of our sites. The code to use is posted in another thread from a couple years ago here.

Check the code used on the “button” in the middle of this page (not the bottom right corner) Contact Applied Asset Management, Infrastructure Asset Consultants

Hi Max,

The “Tarieven” link currently redirects to another page, but that won’t be necessary anymore. What I would like is for the floating pane to be activated immediately when clicking on “Tarieven,” no matter what page you’re on at the time.

@Hugh, this is roughly what I’m looking for. However, I’d like to completely remove the floating button in the bottom right corner.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

I’ll discuss it with devs and will get back to you a bit later :slightly_smiling_face:

I know we have done this in the past. @Max will probably find the old thread for you explaining how to do this, it can be done. Or search through threads from a couple years ago.

@Hugh Thank you so much for your contribution!

I’ve looked through the threads, and, unfortunately, couldn’t find any similar threads. Maybe, you mean this workaround? Form widgets: How to open forms from a custom button

Anyway, I guess there will be some kind of custom solution specific to this website. So, let’s wait for the response from our dev team and see what can be done with it :slightly_smiling_face:

@user8320 Our devs confirmed that it’s possible to customize the widget this way.

I’ve checked your widgets and don’t see any forms with the floating layout right now. Could you please specify the widget ID or the widget name you’d like to use?

Check this out: Slide-out form on click, but include defer code - #7 by Helga

Note this was a while back (old dashboard I think) so the install code may be slightly different now.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @Hugh!

I’ll send this solution to the devs for a reference. However, as I understood, now there is no need to change the installation code, and it’s possible to customize the widget through the Custom JS option :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like