Event Calendar - Memory Hog? and ONE-TIME DELETE?

• Issue description:
    First, whenever I open the page on my website that has the Elfsight Event Calendar, my hard drive begins whirring like it’s a stress test. Temp goes way up, noise is beyond loud and annoying. This also happens when I am making changes to the Event Calendar on your site.
    What’s up with that and can it be fixed?

• Link to the page with the widget in question:
    Bar - Let's Do Trivia!

Also, once again, I am forced to double my work because I have a bunch of one-day cancellations for weekly shows due to the July 4th Holiday in the U.S.A. WE REALLY NEED A WAY TO CANCEL ONE SINGLE EVENT without having to do major changes to each event, only to have to go back and repair them next week. Also, since I am basically ending these weekly events to account for the one day, if someone looks past this week to next week, the events are missing. PITA!

1 Like

Hi @John_Mixon, I’m really sorry to hear about your experience :frowning:

I suspect the issue might be related to the performance of your device, as our Event Calendar widget is quite resource-intensive. To better understand the situation, could you please share the following information about your device:

• CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of physical storage (HDD or SSD)

As for your idea with an option to exclude particular events, I totally understand your frustration, and I’m sorry that we don’t provide this very possibility. However, you’re very welcome to vote for this feature request in our wishlist: Set exceptions to the repetition

Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 11 Home

Physical Storage is Hybrid with some SDD, some HDD, and 2 external HDD drives.

1 Like

Thank you for the info, @John_Mixon!

Given the characteristics you provided, it’s now quite obvious that the issue is not on your end.

I’ve talked with the devs and found out that they are working on improving our Event Calendar performance, which should affect the issue you described as well.

I’m afraid I don’t have an ETA at the moment, but we’ll make sure to update you in our Changelog as soon as it’s done.

I’m really sorry that I haven’t provided a solution right away, but I’m always happy to help if you have any other questions :raised_hands:t2: