Elfsight Podcast Player - Every Page Load = Download?

Hi

I added the elfsight podcast player on our website so that it loads on certain pages ready for the visitor to listen if they like.

At first I was excited that it resulted in a strong uplift in downloads - but I notice now that it seems EVERY page load with the player on it counts as a download of the podcast? Which is not ideal… I would much prefer to have podcast stats that are reflective of those who actually listened to it…

Is there a way to confirm if the Elfsight player would somehow pre-load an episode behind the scenes (so, download it) ready to play if the visitor wanted, and then that somehow counts as a podcast download?

Here are my daily number of listeners stats… guess what day I implemented the player :sweat_smile: (the last day is still only half way done so will be higher than all the others as well)

Should I be worried about this or should I be celebrating that something actually worked for once? I’m skeptical lol

Hello Peter, great to see you’re testing the Podcast Player widget!

I’d be really happy to help, however, I guess I need to know some more details to understand your use case better:

1. Foremost, could you please send me the link to the page with the widget in question, so I see the widget in action?

2. Could you please also tell me what service/tool you use to gather the analytics as shown on your screenshot?

3. I also didn’t quite understand this part: ‘Is there a way to confirm if the Elfsight player would somehow pre-load an episode behind the scenes (so, download it) ready to play if the visitor wanted, and then that somehow counts as a podcast download?’
    Could you please elaborate on it?

Thank you very much, I’ll be very happy to look into this for you!