Disable open in new tab on click button and title

Disable open in new tab on click button and title. I’d like users to stay on my website in the same window when the click the RSVP button or title to register for an event. I will love Elfsight even more when this is changed. I’ve seen the open in new tab on/off toggle in other widgets - should be easy. Thanks!!!

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 5

Hi,

Thanks for adding your idea!

I see your point and we’ll try our best to consider adding an option to open elements in a new tab :slight_smile:

Thank you for helping us and for your kind words!

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Completely agree!

We have the exact same issue, if a user clicks the button a new event page is open, if they repeat this a couple of times looking at events they end up with multiple tabs open and are getting confused!

We don’t want to swap out the elfsight calendar is everything else is perfect.

A toggle in settings would be perfect, so we can decide if it opens in a new tab or not.

Pllllllleeeeaaaassseeeee implement this, it will make this widget just perfect!

1 Like

@David19 thanks a lot for the details! Now I see how much this feature is desired…

I’ve passed your request on to our dev team, who knows, maybe they’ll be able to include it in one of the future updates :slight_smile:

That would be fantastic Helga, thank you.

At the moment, i know it’s only a small tweak but it would make a big difference.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :slight_smile:

Oh, I’m always super happy to help and advise!

So never hesitate to come by, this forum is for you to share your suggestions and concerns with us :hugs:

Hi folks!

I’m very happy to say that we’ve implemented an option to open links in the same window :slight_smile:

Here’s where you will find it:

Content tab → Event → Button → Button Link (gear icon):

Screenshot 12-12-2022 16.58.25

This is fantastich!

Thanks so much for responding to our feedback!

Keep up the amazing work!

I’m so happy you love this update, David!

I hope it will make things easier for you and for your clients :slight_smile:

And yes, our Wishlist is solely for you to share your ideas and suggestions with us, every idea is valuable, and I mean it :slight_smile: