Contact Form Email Replies are Still Going to Elfsight

• Issue description:
    I just realized that I hadn’t heard back from most of my contact form replies and realized that about 80% of my replies have been going to notifications@elfsightmail.com and not the provided email address in the form.
    It seems like it changed sometime around June 27th when I was replying to a bunch of emails and about half went to the email addresses and the other half went to Elfsight. If I got an email back saying “This isn’t a monitored mailbox, please don’t email this” then I would’ve known immediately.
    It seems like the emails that reply to Elfsight automatically pop that up in the box when I hit Reply and the ones that go to the provided email address automatically pop that up in the To box. It doesn’t seem to care about what domain the email is coming from or if there are any special characters or numbers.

1 Like

Hello @Nat1! We are happy to see you in our Community! Welcome :wink:

I am terribly sorry that you’ve encountered such an issue using our app. Please accept my sincere apologies!

We’ll be happy to investigate the issue! To do this, we may need some extra information, that’s why we’ll contact you at n*******s149@gmail.com in the nearest time.

Please check your inbox and answer in a support ticket.

Best regards,

1 Like

FYI I noticed this the other day too. I can forward you an email from the last week if you’d like to review the headers.

1 Like

Hello @Hugh!

Thank you for waiting!

I am really sorry that you’ve faced such an issue!

We’ll be happy to check everything for you! Could you please contact us at support@elfsight.com and provide with the details of the issue?

Looking forward to your reply!

@Max I just had a client report this issue again. I am copying their email to me below, while removing any private information. This is causing confusion from our clients and after all this time it seems like a fast fix is needed. Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2022 9:21 AM
To: M K markwxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com; Hugh Kallen hugh.a.xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxnweb.com
Subject: Fw: Failure Notice

Weird how these keep getting kicked back.

Chad x
West Michigxxxxxxxxx, LLC
2597 xxxxxxxxxxxue
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
269-xxxxxxxx00 office
269-xxxxxxxxxxxx95 fax
https://www.wmlawnservices.com

----- Forwarded Message -----

To:chadwmlaxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com” <chadwmlawxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 09:15:59 AM EST
Subject: Failure Notice

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<notifications@forms.elfsightmail.com>:

550: 5.0.1 Recipient rejected

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi Justin,

We are currently booked for the season. Have a good day.

Thank you,

Chad Exxxxxxxxxy

West Michiganxxxxxxxx, LLC

25xxxxxxxxxxvenue

Kalamazoo, MI 49004

269xxxxxxxx00 office

269-3xxxxxx5 fax

https://www.wmlawnservices.com

On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 06:22:31 PM EST, Elfsight <notifications@forms.elfsightmail.com> wrote:

This message was sent from website page Contact Us - West Michigan Lawn Services LLC-Kalamazoo-Richland-Gull Lake-Texas Corners-Mattawan

• Name:
    Jusxxxxxxxxxxxxna
  • Company Name (If Relevant):
  • Service Address:
    72xxxxxxxxy Dr
  • Service City & Zip Code:
    49xx8
  • Phone:
    6612xxxx63
  • Cellphone:
  • Email:
    jpexxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
  • Best time to contact you:
    afternoon
  • How can we help you?:
    • Landscape Maintenance, Mulching, etc.
    • I have some general questions…

Other Information and Questions:
Hi, I have a rental property inxxxxxxxxxxxxx but no longer live in the area. My last tenant let the yard get out of control and I would like to have it cleaned up. There is weeds, branches and leaves. not any grass. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Hugh, sorry for the radio silence here :pray:t2:

We’re actually looking into this issue, and we’ll get back to you as soon as the solution is found.

Once again, my apologies for this unfortunate situation and thanks a lot for all the details provided!

Hugh, we’ve applied the fix to your widget, could you please check and let me know if everything’s fine now?

I sent a form test using the same form, and the reply unfortunately went to notifications@forms.elfsightmail.com

To:chadwxxxxxxxxxxxxxxs@yahoo.com” <chadxxxxxxxxxxxxrvices@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, December 9, 2022 at 10:07:20 AM EST

Chaxxxxxxxxxsby
West Mxxxxxxxxxxervices, LLC
2597 Brackett Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
26xxxxxxxxxx00 office
269xxxxxxxxxxx5 fax

On Friday, December 9, 2022 at 10:03:10 AM EST, Elfsight <notifications@forms.elfsightmail.com> wrote:

This message was sent from website page About Us - West Michigan Lawn Services & Sprinklers-Kalamazoo-Richland-Gull Lake-Texas Corners-Mattawan

• Name:
    Hugh Kallen Testing
    Kallen Web Design
  • Service Address:
    251xxxxxxxxxxve SE
    GrandxxxxxxxI 495xxxx7
  • Phone:
    26xxxxxxxxxx57
  • Cellphone:
    26xxxxxxxxxxxx57
  • Email:
    formxxxxxxxxxxxxxergreen.com
    Anytime
  • How can we help you?:
    • Irrigation and Sprinklers
    • Landscape Maintenance, Mulching, etc.
    • Snow Plowing and Removal
  • Other Information and Questions:
    This is a form test using a real email address. Please reply and be sure it comes back to me at formtest @ xxxxxxxxeen.com.

Hello @Hugh,

Thank you for getting back to me!

I’m so very sorry about this frustrating situation! We’ll make sure to find out what went wrong and get back to you in the shortest possible time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi Hugh, thanks a lot for your patience!

We’ve conducted several tests, and the widget works as expected on our end now.

Could you please test the widget on your end too? If the issue still remains, is there an option for you to download your test email as a file and send it here?

Thanks! It is hard to test since it only happened occasionally. But I will keep my eyes open.

2 Likes

Thank you, Hugh! I really hope we’ve managed to eradicate it once and for all, but we’re always here should anything unexpected occur :raised_hands:t2:

@Helga I did a test today, and my client replied, and the reply address was elfsight again.

I do not have access to their original email to troubleshoot the headers, just what they sent me below.

To:chadwmlzzzzzzzzzzices@yahoo.com” <chadwmlzzzzzzzzzzzs@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2022 at 03:36:25 PM EST

test

Chazzzzzzzzzzzsby
West Michigan Lawn Services, LLC
259zzzzzzzzzenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
269-34zzzzzzzzz0 office
269-341zzzzzzzz795 fax

http://www.wmlawnservices.com

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 01:07:55 PM EST, Elfsight <notifications@forms.elfsightmail.com> wrote:

This message was sent from website page https://www.wmlawnservices.com/

• Name:
    Hugh zzzzzzzzzz TESTING
    Kallezzzzzzzzzesign
  • Service Address:
    251zzzzzzzzzve SE
    Grand Rapids 49507
  • Phone:
    26zzzzzzz057
  • Cellphone:
    26zzzzzzzzz57
  • Email:
    hugzzzzzzzzallen@kallzzzzzzzweb.com
    At your convenience
  • How can we help you?:
    • Fertilizing, Insect and Weed Control
    • Snow Plowing and Removal
    • I have some general questions…
  • Other Information and Questions:
    Reply back and see if it goes to me. Let me know if it tries to go to “Elfsight”.
1 Like

@Helga @Max Any progress on this?

Hugh, I’m terribly sorry for such a delay!

Half of our team came down with the flu, and unfortunately it affected our effectiveness :frowning:

I’ve marked your case as urgent, and I see that the devs are already looking into this. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve got any news.

Once again, I’m terribly sorry for all the inconvenience!

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know I’m a big elfsight supporter. Really, your scripts help us tremendously. But this particular issue has been around since at least NOV 9th and has not been resolved, and is causing my not very technical clients a lot of frustration, which they take out on me.

I just got another confused & upset email because when they replied to a form builder form inquiry, it bounced back because it went to elfsight instead of the person’s email address and they did not understand what is going on.

This form this time: Elfsight Apps

Please move this to the top of the bug list. Please pull a dev off of adding new elfsight innovations and have them fix this.

@Helga @Max

1 Like

Hello @Hugh!

I’m so very sorry about this frustrating situation! I would feel the same if this happened to me!

Unfortunately, the issue turned out to be more complicated and time-consuming than we expected.

I’ve forwarded the additional information about another issue to our devs. Your case is marked as a top-priority task. We will sort this out in the shortest possible time!

We’ll immediately get back to you as soon as we receive any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Have a nice day!

Hugh, I’m terribly sorry for all the trouble and for such a long fix. The good news is that the widget you reported is fixed, everything should work correctly now.

Please let me know if the widget works as expected.

Thank goodness.

I will not be able to test for sure until a client complains, so fingers crossed.

Thanks.