Calculator widget

Hello friends! As we already mentioned, we started working on the Calculator widget development. But to make sure we’re moving in the right direction, we really need your help :slight_smile:

While there’s already a wealth of thoughts in this thread, the complexity and versatility of a calculator widget mean we need to nail down the basics.

@Solomon1 @user2163 @user1451 you mentioned that you need a mortgage calculator. Can you please detail your specific use cases? Like, your business sphere, the exact tasks you need this calculator for, the must-have features you need (interest rates, amortization schedule, property taxes, etc.), the output you expect (monthly payment breakdown, total loan cost over time, etc.). Everything’s important, so feel free to include even little things.

@Matthew @Lionel @user1940 @Kate4 @Matt10 @user3657 @Jessica_Kodrich @Nur_Mohammad_Bappi you requested a simple calculator. We suppose you also have different use cases, and it would be tremendously helpful if you described them, too! Like, the tasks such a calendar needs to perform, functions you expect (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage calculations etc.), your design and layout preferences. Again, everything’s important, so no detail is too small.

Thanks a million for your help in advance! We’re counting on your feedback to make this widget both joyful and useful. Please share your ideas (maybe along with visuals) right here in this thread :slight_smile:

@Helga thanks for taking this seriously.
I took the time to describe what we are trying to do in detail:
The planned configurator for REPLY42 is envisioned as an intuitive, web-based tool designed to streamline the process of creating customized digital marketing service packages. It will cater specifically to the needs of potential clients who visit the REPLY42 website, allowing them to assemble a personalized selection of marketing services based on their unique requirements.

Key Features of the Configurator:

1. Modular Service Selection: Users will have the flexibility to browse and choose from a variety of marketing modules, such as SEO, content creation, social media management, and more. Each module will be clearly described, outlining its benefits and functionalities.
  2. Transparent Pricing Mechanism: As users select and combine different modules, the configurator will provide real-time, transparent pricing. This feature ensures that clients understand the cost implications of their choices, aiding in informed decision-making.
  3. User-Friendly Interface: The configurator will be designed for ease of use, with a clean, intuitive interface that guides users through the configuration process. It will be responsive across devices, ensuring a seamless experience on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
  4. Personalized Recommendations: Leveraging data on user preferences and business needs, the configurator will offer tailored module suggestions. This feature aims to enhance the effectiveness of the selected package for the user’s specific marketing objectives.
  5. Inquiry and Feedback Integration: Upon completing their package configuration, users will be able to submit their selections through a simple inquiry form. This form will capture essential contact details and any additional client notes. A feedback option will also be available to gather user impressions of the tool for continuous improvement.
  6. Seamless Backend Integration: The configurator will be seamlessly integrated with REPLY42’s existing CRM and project management systems. This integration ensures efficient handling of inquiries and automates the transfer of client selections into the company’s workflow.

Objective:

The primary goal of this configurator is to empower businesses to easily and efficiently create marketing solutions that are both cost-effective and tailored to their needs. By combining transparency, user-friendliness, and personalization, the configurator aims to redefine the client-agency interaction, making it more accessible, efficient, and responsive to the unique demands of each client.

Thanks a ton, @Marius_Tyranowski for such a thoughtful reply, it’s incredibly helpful! :fire:

@everyone feel free to add your comments, too! It will definitely help us get the whole idea and build a widget to meet your expectations.

For a better convenience, here’s a list of questions:

1. Can you please detail your specific use case (your business sphere, the exact tasks you need this calculator for)?

2. What are the must-have features you need (interest rates, amortization schedule, property taxes, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage calculations, etc.)?

3. What is the output you expect from the calculator (monthly payment breakdown, total loan cost over time, etc.)?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m also look forward to this feature, would you like to know more use-cases then just the mortgage ones? I’d be happy to share and explain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely! We’re eager to learn about all the use-cases to understand what exactly you need and map out the concept of our widget :slight_smile:

So we’ll be super grateful if you share yours, @Bobdebouwerr!

2 Likes

Alright then I will!

I am offering managed WiFi and Internet as a Service to customers. My main two clients are either:

1. Apartment building owners
  2. Student homes (which can have up to 35 people living in one building in The Netherlands).

I want to offer the possibility to play with some options to get a sense of what price either one of the two above will be paying per month based on some input variables.

Things I would like to be able to do:

1. Input Section:
  • Number of Apartments / Rooms:
    • User inputs the number of apartments or rooms in the building.
    • Price per room type (e.g., €12.50 per room in a big house, €17.50 per apartment in a big building).
    • Apply a threshold value: For example, if the number exceeds 6 rooms, add €20 to the total.
  1. Checkbox Options:
  • WiFi 6:
    • Checkbox option: Do you want WiFi 6?
    • If selected, add €2.50 to the price per room or apartment.
  • Separate Networks:
    • Checkbox option: Do you want separate networks per apartment/room?
    • If selected, add X to the total.
  1. Bill Splitting (For Rooms Only):
  • If the user indicates they have rooms (not apartments), ask: How many people will split the bill?
  • Divide the total by the number of people, providing the cost per person per month.
  1. Price Calculation:
  • Calculate the total price based on the inputs provided.
  • Display the final monthly price to the user.
  1. Data Storage/Communication:
  • Store the user’s input data and the generated price for my access.
  • Provide an option for users to send the data and generated price to you directly or start a conversation about their needs and the price.
  1. User Interaction:
  • Design a clear and user-friendly interface for easy input.
  • Add tooltips or information buttons for clarification on each option.
  1. Confirmation/Summary:
  • Display a summary of the user’s selections before finalizing the calculation.
  • Include an option for users to review and confirm their choices.
  1. Start Conversation:
  • Implement a direct link or button for users to initiate a conversation with you based on their needs and the calculated price.
2 Likes

@Bobdebouwerr your description is absolutely fantastic – thank you so much for taking the time to share it!

@Marius_Tyranowski while I have a general understanding of your use case, it would really help us if you could describe the whole process with all the fields and options you expect to see in the widget. Basically, a step-by-step process your customers should follow using this widget would be invaluable.

Thank you so much for all the help!

1 Like

Two calculator type tool examples (see below). We have them live now; I can email you the links if helpful).

• Estimator
  • Date Selector

ESTIMATOR
Inputs

• What are the job responsibilities? (selection from a drop down)
  • What is the position title you want to hire? (selection from a drop down)
  • What NCAA division do you want to hire? (selection from a drop down)
  • Where is your event located? (regional selection from a drop down)

First Output
*Average stipend per day per coach is: ______

Next set of Inputs:

• How many days is your event (enter number)
  • How many coaches do you need? (enter number)

Next Outputs:
*Average total budget for event

DATE SELECTOR
Date Selector Inputs:

• Select what type of event it is that you are holding from a drop down menu
  • Select what date you are looking to hold your event on

Date Selector Output:

• Returns a High, Medium, or Low competitive threat level (i.e. how many other events of the same kind are already scheduled for that day that you would be competing with if you were to add your event into the mix?)

I need a transportation calculator, based on base fee and distance €/km).

For our courier service.

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea, thanks for sharing, @Darius_S!

However, for me to have a better picture of your use case, can you please describe the widget with all the fields you’d love to see there? It will be really helpful!

These are the questions I’ve come up at this point, but you’re welcome to add as many details as you see fit:

1. What is the base fee, and how is it determined? Should it be reflected in a widget? If so, how do you see it?

2. Are there different base fees for different types of services or packages?

3. How will the distance be calculated (shortest route, fastest route, etc.)?

4. Are there any other factors that might influence the cost (package weight, size, type of goods, etc.)?

5. Are there any add-ons available for extra payment?

6. What information will the user need to provide (pickup and delivery locations, package details, anything else)?

7. Should the calculator support multiple currencies, or is it solely in euros?

If you can describe a desired calculator as a step-by-step process from a user end, that would be invaluable! Thank you so much for helping us :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kate_Wellner a huge thanks for your comment!

For me to better understand the use case with the Estimator Calculator, I’ve come up with these questions:

1. Should this list dynamically update based on the selected job responsibilities?

2. How the average stipend is calculated? Is it based on the job responsibility, position, NCAA division, location, or a combination?

3. Event duration info: should there be a limit of minimum and maximum number of days to prevent unrealistic entries?

Date Selector

1. How do you define “competitive threat level”? What are the criteria for each level (High, Medium, Low)?

2. What are the factors for the threat level?

3. What is the source of the data on other events (public event calendar, etc.)?

Again, thank you so much for helping us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need I calculator to compare 2 financing alternatives, with term, length, and amount $ selections. Also to select the the costumer credit score, and change the interest rate based on that. I have it working in a competitor and would love to bring it here =)

Hello Helga

Take a look at our website first. saatkary.net
There you can click on book now… and then you’ll be redirected to our booking form.

The booking form shows you all fields needed that a transportation company like us needs from a client in order to send them a quote.

Many of our competitors use Google Maps API. With that distances are calculated automatically and you just need a script to multiply km-price with distance.

At this time we do this work manually… entering pick up and delivery address into google. We use the recommended route by google which is the fastest and also the shortest most of the time… (nationally) In the city we always use the shortest route. (local, within a city)

1. If you look at our prices you can see the base fees (Kurier Preise | SAATKARY CARGO)
    for example courier car - 40€ incl. 10km - after that 1,3/km +VAT

Van: 80€ incl. 10km after that 1,50€/km +VAT

1. Yes… look at our prices. We have a pdf on the price page…
    Car , Van, or extra service

2. in cities shortest, on highway, usually auto recommended route by google

3. Base fee and km -price vary by vehicle size (car, van, big van, truck…) and extra services.

4. Add ons - yes.

• Waiting or loading time (5min free car, 15min free van… after that charged every quarter hour)
  • prepayment by driver… pick up goods at store or drug at pharmacy… prepayment needed …
  1. All the infos you can see them at our booking form… The thing is, many people don’t complete the booking form, if they don’t see the price in advance or too late… So the booking form should be redesigned that the price will pop up as soon as possible…

Like vehicle size, pick up and delivery address … after that show price already…

1. For now, only € is ok, but of course Dollar is fine as well but not mandatory at this time…

So be basically did the booking form already by ourselves using jotform. We need a calculator and script now to connect it too to show users prices… and connect it with payment services maybe too…

We are open for collaborating with you on this… since otherwise we have to hire a freelancer to code a calculator for us… you can contact us also on our website for that… beta phase… collaboration.

Thank you
Darius
CEO

2 Likes

@Darius you cannot imagine how helpful your comment is, thanks a million for taking the time to provide all these details, Darius!

I’ve shared your use case with the devs, and I’ll get back to you in case they come up with any other specifications. Once again, thank you for your help, it’s highly appreciated!

2 Likes

Planning to use Calculator Widget on our site upgraded.id as a budget calculator for clients. Hope this would be created, maybe like calconic? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a great example, @Niko_Julius, thanks a lot for sharing! :+1:t2:

I’ve checked the service you mentioned and found a specific template of a budget calculator (which is a great help!). Does this template cover your use case, or do you have any other specifications? :slight_smile:

Do you need more input? Some examples from our competitors here (all using Google map api I guess) in regards for a transportation calculator:

More complex
cito. ai
zipmend. com
stex-gmbh. com/en/

More simple
eilkurier. de/preis-kalkulieren/

If you are still taking feedback on this widget, my use case:

I have a complex equation where the results are based on the inputs of the user. Serious algebra.
There are multiple results, which the final result is based on the earlier results.
Final display contains all the results with context.

Apps I used previously that had the functionality I needed were https://involve.me and https://outgrow.co $$$

I never found any others that had the logic functionality and ability to handle my equation. I ended up building my own calculator form on Bubble, but it’s very hard to manage. I would loooove an Elfsight embed and have a simpler hosting solution!

1 Like

If feedback is still being accept, I would like a mortgage calculator widget similar to the one located here - FREE Mortgage Calculator Widget for Website

• I would like the option to set on the backend each of the variables
  • I would like the down payment to be a percentage of the home price
2 Likes

Hi @Kate4, thanks a lot for your comment, very much appreciated!

You say you have a complex equation, but can you please provide more details or examples of such equations, so I understand your use case better?

You’ve mentioned having to work with a complex equation. To help us better understand your use case, could you please share more details or perhaps give some examples of these equations?

Also, you noted that you’ve created your own calculator. If it’s possible, could we take a look at it? Getting a firsthand view of what you’ve built would really help us grasp your idea better :slight_smile:

A huge thanks for your help!