Add an option NOT to specify start/end times

Some events (e.g. all-day events) don’t have a specified start/end time, and it would be useful not to be forced to specify times for these events.

1 Like

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 29

Original comment from Larae Stotts transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello folks,

Thank you for adding this idea and for your comments!

Unfortunately, we haven’t released this feature yet, however, we’ve come up with a workaround that could work for you.

If you need to remove the date for a particular event, please add the following CSS code to your widget Custom CSS field, where ‘2’ refers to the element’s position on the list:

.eaec-list-item-component:nth-child(2)
.eaec-list-item-time {

display: none;

}

Please do let me know if it worked for you or if you have other questions.

Thank you!

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Thank you for your reply, great to know that this solution worked for you!

Original comment from Eugène Flagothier transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hi Eugène,

I understand the option I suggested was not the best one and I’m really sorry it didn’t work for you.

We’ll do our best to think about ways to make start/end times specification optional and hopefully, we’ll be a success soon.

Thank you for your comment!

Original comment from Clayton King transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from bruce allen transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Cheryl transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from Matt Wilson transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear folks,

I’m terribly sorry that this feature hasn’t been released yet. I’ve passed your comments along to our dev team so that they consider this request.

At the moment, unfortunately, we don’t have a concrete date for the release, but I do believe we’ll be able to include it in one of our future updates.

Thank you so much for your patience! :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Join our online meeting space — Community Forum
Keep up with the latest updates — Changelog
Get to know our team — Instagram

Quick update: this feature is on the stage of discussion: we’re thinking over an option to set the date/time and repetition options.

The development is set for Q1 :slight_smile:

Have several events that have varying end times: “17:00-late”. Would be great to have the option to HIDE THE END TIME of an event, and just have it say that it starts at 17:00.

1 Like

@user887 totally agree with you! The good news is that we’ve included this request to our roadmap for Q1 :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you updated in this thread!

1 Like

Any update on this feature? We would not like to display time in the event description pop up. We have all day events as well.

1 Like

@user2945 yes! We’re on the final stage, and we expect this feature to be released next week! :clap:t2:

I’ll notify you here as soon as this option is available :slight_smile:

And yes, welcome to the community! Really happy to have you with us!