Add an option NOT to specify start/end times

@Helga Was this feature released yet? I can’t see it in the widget

1 Like

@FaithLifeNow many thanks for your interest, and welcome to the Community! :tada:

This feature is still in development, but we’re taking the final steps at this point. You know, we’re preparing a big update, where several requests will be included, that’s why it’s taking that long :frowning:

At the moment, the update is on Business Review, meaning that 90% of the work is done :slight_smile:

I’ll be happy to close this request as soon as I know that this feature is out.

Dear friends, I’m excited to say that an All Day option is now available! :tada: :clap:t2:

You don’t have to set start/end time any longer :slight_smile:

Feel free to check it out on your widget’s Content tab → choose the event → All Day:

How do you find this update? I’ll be happy to hear your feedback! :hugs:

@Helga Happy to see this release. Just one question, when All Day is selected the whole date and time is removed from the display on the site. Usually, it states the date and time under the Title. Once you select All Day, both things are removed under the title on the front end. Is it possible to still have the dates shown under the title?

Thanks for the update. Once I select all day, I see a weird time on the event pop up, eg May 01 12:00 AM - May 12 11:59 PM
Is it possible to hide the time? We just need date.

1 Like

Hi @user2945 :wave:

I see that you have 2 widgets. Could you please specify the name of the widget and the name of the event where the wrong time issue occurs?

I’ll be happy to check things for you!

[All events calendar] - if I make an event all day it starts displaying the weird time in pop up description.

1 Like

Hi folks, my apologies for such a long reply!

@FaithLifeNow I’m afraid the date and time are really not displayed in the widget with All Day option switched on, meaning that the event lasts throughout a day. Am I right that you’d still love to control the date and time and display it in the widget card?

@user2945 the time in the pop up indicates the exact 24-hour period for the event. Would you like to hide the time completely or have an option to set it manually?

Hi Helga,

I think the point @user2945 is making is that if we specify ‘All Day’ for an event, it should not display any time interval. For example, Christmas Day is “December 25”. Nobody would ever say it’s “December 25, 12:00 AM - May 12 11:59 PM”! Even if that IS “the exact 24-hour period for the event”, nobody would ever want to display that for an ‘All Day’ event.

2 Likes

Hi @Gihan many thanks for your comment!

I guess I share your way of thinking and I agree it sounds logical not to specify the time period in this case. I’ll try to discuss it with the team, maybe there is a way to tweak it at some point.

Thanks a lot for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi Helga,

This is exactly why we asked for this ‘All Day’ enhancement. If I really wanted to specify a time period as 12:00AM-11:59PM, that was possible even before the enhancement. So unless the All Day enhancement doesn’t display a time period, it has not really enhanced the software at all!

Futurist, Speaker, AI researcher for 30+ years

Gihan Perera (He/Him)
Futurist, Speaker, AI researcher for 30+ years
W: GihanPerera.com
E: gihan@gihanperera.com
M: 0417 928 278

Futurist, Speaker, AI researcher for 30+ years Futurist, Speaker, AI researcher for 30+ years Futurist, Speaker, AI researcher for 30+ years

|

• |
  • |

Hi @user2945 and @Gihan :wave:

You can hide the time in the event popup by adding this script right after the widget installation code:

<script>
      setTimeout(() => {
        const bodyEl = document.querySelector("body");

let observer = new MutationObserver(function (mutations) {
          mutations.forEach(function (mutation) {
            if (
              mutation.type === "childList" &&
              document.querySelector(
                ".eapp-events-calendar-modal-overlay-component"
              )
            ) {
              let elfsightDate = document.querySelector(
                '.eapp-events-calendar-popup-time-content div:first-child'
              );
              let text = elfsightDate.innerText;
              x = text.replace(/(,\s\d{2}\:\d{2}\-\d{2}\:\d{2})/g, "");
              elfsightDate.innerText = x;
            }
          });
        });
        observer.observe(bodyEl, {
          childList: true,
        });
      }, 1500);
    </script>

Please check it and let me know if it helped :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @FaithLifeNow :wave:

We’ve decided to implement this feature (remove both date and time when All Day feature is enabled) because the date would be duplicated. You can see it in your widget:

I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. I’ve shared your feedback with our dev team. I really hope we’ll be able to give your idea a thought!

Thanks but the code does not work for us. We’ll need the date for the event but if it is all day time does not make any sense there. Please keep up posted.

@user2945 I am so sorry!

Could you please send me a direct link to the webpage where your widget is installed?

Hi folks,

I’m happy to say that we’ve removed the time in the event pop up :slight_smile:

You can find the details here: Event Calendar: Time in popup isn't displayed for All Day events anymore.

A post was split to a new topic: Hide end date