Widget Analytics

I’ve been using the Elfsight Google reviews widget (specifically the floating badge variation) for a while now and it’s been great for showing off my clients’ business’ positive reviews. However, I have no way of knowing how effective the widget is or how many people are actually engaging with it.

I’d love to see Elfsight add some basic analytics for the Google reviews widget such as:

• Impressions - How many times has the widget loaded/been seen?
  • Widget Closes - How many times has the x icon been clicked to close the widget?
  • Clicks to “View All Reviews” - How many times has the user clicked to open the full review modal?
  • Reviews Submitted - How many new Google reviews have been left via the widget?

Nothing fancy is needed, just the basic counts over time for these key events would help me understand how useful the widget is on my site. I could then use this data to optimize placement or make design tweaks to increase clicks and engagement.

I imagine this would be helpful for many Elfsight customers using the Google reviews and other widgets. Please consider adding some simple analytics to give us insight into how our widgets are performing. Let me know if any other details would help explain this use case and feature request!

2 Likes

Greetings @Amber_Duffield

It’s really great that you’ve decided to join our ranks! Welcome :tada:

Glad to tell you that you can track how many times the widget was loaded just by check the views statistics in your dashboard. Here is the article that describes where you can find it - View Limit: Everything you need to know (New Dashboard) - Elfsight Help Center.

As for all the other points, our devs will try to create the analytics codes for your use case. Could you just send me a direct link to the webpage where your widget is installed?