Translate some strings (Month names, "Date", "When", "Show more") to other language

Hello everybody. Currently the widget is best for english-speaking websites. Is it possible to customize the month names, so “Dec” and “December” would play out as, e.g., “Dic” and “Diciembre”? Is it possible to translate some fixed strings in the pop-up, e.g., “Date”, “When” and “Show more”?

I assume some fixed strings should be translatable using custom CSS. I tried translating “Show more” text using the custom CSS

.eapp-events-calendar-popup-item-readMoreButton {
  width:0 !important;
  display:inline-block !important;
  overflow:hidden !important;
}
.eapp-events-calendar-popup-item-readMoreButton::after {
  content:"Seguir leyendo";
}

…but that did not work (custom CSS was not visible using Firefox “Inspect”).

My context is a single-language website, so, static translations would work alright.

Thanks,
Johannes

1 Like

Hello @isnogud :wave: We are so happy to see you with us! Welcome to Elfsight community :tada:

Great news for you :fire: You can manually translate these elements in the widget editor. You just need to follow these steps:

1. Choose Content tab, scroll down and click on Messages:

1. You can change the month names in the Months and Month abbreviation sections and popup elements in the Popup section:

I hope this explains things.

If anything comes up, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day :wink:

2 Likes

Max, thanks a lot! I didn’t see the wood for the trees, obviously. Like this, I can fully translate the calendar and its popup.

I have one wish for future improvement, though:

In some languages, “Diciembre 21” and “21 (de) Diciembre” (possible now) are not enough options.
In many languages, you would like to add a “.” after the numeric day:
3. marts
(Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Serbia, many more)
So, you would make many people happy by adding this option.

Best,
Johannes

1 Like

Hi @isnogud :wave:

I am happy to hear that you are good now!

I agree that the idea with adding a “.”after the numeric day is really great. We would truly appreciate it if you could add it to our Wishlist. Please leave your feature request in this category - Event Calendar - Elfsight Community to get a notification upon its release.

Have a great day :wink: