Signature capture

Add in ability to capture a signature on a form. To handle the issue of the image format of the signature and image size, just convert the image to a base64 string for storage. That would translate to text and would solve the issue of transfer speed etc. The string will go into a single field. We can take the base 64 and convert back to an image on the back end.

4 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 3

Original comment from Dean Lester transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello folks,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments!

This option really sounds nice and interesting but I have to say that, unfortunately, it is not included in the list of upcoming features yet. I’m truly sorry about it and I wish we could release all the features requested!

Anyways, we’ll try our hardest to consider it in our future updates.

Thank you so much for sticking with us! :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

I have been looking for an easy form that we can use to sign in and out inventory. The only thing missing is an option for someone to sign their name.

Id like to build a waiver form here but theres no signature feature for the forms. this would be very helpful

1 Like

That’s a very nice suggestion, @Silvia2, thanks a lot for sharing!

We’ll try to think in this direction, and I’ll make sure to keep you in the loop in this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help, your ideas are most welcome!

this is a no for the signature then?

1 Like

@Carlos5 it’s true that we don’t have the signature option as of yet, but we’ll definitely try to consider it in our future updates, especially if it will get a great deal of votes :slight_smile:

The entire wishlist is for you to suggest your ideas, we’re happy to hear from you and discuss the options :slight_smile:

Hello, what is a pity it misses in Form Builder to be able to add a choose type for signature will you add it soon?

2 Likes

@user1976 I’m truly sorry that a Signature option isn’t supported in our app, I see that it’s a quite demanded one.

Although this is not something we’re going to work on in the near future, I’ll still bring this request to the team’s attention as an attempt to expedite the development.

Thank you for your comments and votes, it does help us move in the right direction!

1 Like

can we have signature line in form builder

1 Like

@Hywel thanks a lot for your comment!

I’ve moved your request to our wishlist with a similar request where I’m going to keep you updated on the progress :slight_smile:

Thank you for helping us!

Where is the other thread? I couldn’t find one that discusses capturing signatures.

JotForm is so buggy, it is a living nightmare.

A client needs a digital form with the ability to collect initials and a signature, and converts to a PDF once submitted to keep on file. Seems like this shouldn’t be such a big ask in 2023, but apparently, it is!

So, I’m looking to Elfsight to hopefully add this feature and make my life better!

2 Likes

Kate, my apologies for confusing you with threads! This is the only thread about Signature capture we have, I sometimes move questions from other categories and merge them with this thread so that all the questions and comments are in one place :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that Signature capture is still not available in our Form Builder. I’ve shared this thread with the team so that they take the interest in this feature into account.

I’ll be happy to share any news regarding the progress as soon as I have any update from the devs :pray:t2:

Kate, many thanks for your comments, they do help us move further!

1 Like

Let’s get this done. ASAP

2 Likes

How do you vote?

1 Like

Hi @Robert16 :wave:

We do realize that this feature is really demanded. We’ll try to include it in our upcoming updates!

You can vote for this feature by clicking on the Vote button:

Thanks a lot for sharing your comment with us!

It would be nice if we have a signature field added to the form

1 Like

Hi @user4553 :wave:

I totally share your point - it would be just an awesome addition!

Such a request already exists in our Wishlist. I’ve moved your request to the dedicated thread where we’ll keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for your input and welcome to Community!