SEO in portfolio

I’m trying to figure out how to make the links in my portfolio visible to Google since they don’t appear in the source code of my website or is the portfolio widget not SEO friendly?

1 Like

Hi @Edwin :wave:

I’d like to tell you that our widgets are SEO-friendly. Could you please send me a direct link to the webpage where your widget is installed?

I’ll be happy to investigate it for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi

https://www.visualdevelopment.com.au/portfolio/

1 Like

@Edwin Thank you so much!

I’ve consulted with our devs, and they’ve said that in Portfolio we use a script to open links.

It means that the links won’t appear in the source code, as they are opened by clicking on the block.

Thus, this link opening option does not affect SEO and the links won’t be visible in Google.

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any other questions.

Thank you for responding.
Based on my understanding, it seems that Google will no longer recognise the links, causing the two-way link between my client and our websites is broken. This means that the links from the client’s website to mine will no longer be visible to Google and that is possible the reason why i lost 3 points in my SEO Authority Score.

Is this correct?

@Edwin Yes, you are absolutely right!

I am so sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this!

If any other questions come up or any assistance is needed, feel free to contact us. We’ll be happy to help.

Have a great day!