Provide a client with access to specific widgets within his project

As a web developer or agency, I want to be able to grant a client access to specific widgets within his project. This will prevent the client from messing up some settings.

Guys, your feedback is crucial to us, so if you need this feature, please:
- Hit “Vote” to show your interest.
- Leave a comment with any questions, suggestions, or even objections – we’re all ears for a good chat! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on this issue. Sociablekit offers this feature but we prefer to work with elf.

4 Likes

What is the status of this feature? It appears to have been in the works for some time (mid-2023). As a developer, it is very much needed to manage all client widgets in one place, but allow each client the ability to manage their Project widgets. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Hey there @user9727 and welcome aboard :wave:

The team members feature implies sharing access to your account only among your colleagues. However, you need to allow your clients to manage their project widgets.

We have a separate request in the Wishlist that perfectly matches your case and I’ve moved your comment there too. We’ll keep you abreast of any changes here :slightly_smiling_face:

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Hello!

We are gathering more detailed information about the function of providing access to widgets for clients. Please answer the following questions:

1. Which widgets would you like to provide access to for your clients?
  2. Why do you want to provide access to these widgets for your clients? Please list all the reasons if there are multiple.

Every opinion is important to us!

Thank you!

I don’t need access per widget - I need to be able to give my clients access (reader, editor, admin) to the project I built for them - the project will includes all the widgets I initially build and manage for them

1 Like

I agree with The_Algar. The main goal is to give access to certain projects. The project can include different widgets depending on the need.

The reasons:

1. Client is (or can be) the editor; for example in events calendar widget this is crucial
  2. Client might want to make changes to the widgets (depending on widget options that is offered)
1 Like

Hi @Andrei,
you don’t need to share all the widgets with the customer.
It is necessary to make them (make them?*) access only the widgets where they must independently enter content (e.g. events, menus, etc.).

It might be useful for us to have all the same client’s widgets in one place, but we would need to grant one or more people access to one or more widgets.

*Example:
Client Hotel XY
John (front desk) needs to be able to access events but not everything else
Marc (restaurant) must be able to access the menu but not the rest
Elga (owner) must be able to access both
We (agency) access the same widgets and all others that are not shared.

I hope I was able to explain myself.
Bye.

1 Like

Exactly what The_Algar said. As web developers/contractors/freelancers, we utilize Elfsight.com for the widgets by Project. Each Project basically represents a client’s widgets. We need at least one sub-user account per Project, which would allow us to give clients access to their Project (widgets). I don’t know what simpler way to say it. Most of my clients have no interest in setting up nor managing an Elfsight.com account. This is a tool of the trade, which helps simplify our work flow.

1 Like