One calendar, multiple layouts

It would be great to be able to display one calendar feed in multiple layouts. Lets say one on a list and the other a carousel. It would be useful to use one in the homepage and the other in a sidebar perhaps (both from the same calendar feed, instead of creating 2 different calendars and updating both whenever there is a change). Thanks

13 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 14

Hello there,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

I see your point and agree that such behaviour would simplify things. Our dev team will try their best to consider this option for future updates.

Thank you for helping us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I like this function too.

3 Likes

Thank you for your comment!

Make sure to vote for all the ideas you find useful, it will bump them up on the list :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you updated regarding this one in this thread, and you’re always welcome to add other ideas for this request if anything else comes us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes!! This is so important! If you have an Events page with the pull listing of events, and want to be able to show events in a smaller view elsewhere on your website, you can’t! Very inconvenient. This would make the product so much more valuable and useful!

3 Likes

@user2585 many thanks for sharing your use case and for your comment!

You do have a point here, and I really hope our devs will be able to consider this request in one of the nearest updates. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for helping us, and welcome to the Elfsight Community! :tada:

2 Likes

This would be great

2 Likes

Share your use case and provide as many details to support your idea as possible:

I am maintaining the events calendar, and I have this on a dedicated page using the GRID layout. I also have, on my homepage a SLIDER version which is a copy, which I have to delete and make a copy from the master each time.

It would be amazing if there was a single entry of events then an option to have more than one available code generated so that both Grid and Slider views could be used without the need for duplicating events into a new instance just to produce different HTML code to apply to my website.

I do hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

Absolutely understand you @Phil, thank you for your comment!

I believe we also have a similar request for having one so-called master calendar with an option to change layouts, I’ve moved your suggestion to this thread, too :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated!

2 Likes

yes, please! would simplify things so much!

1 Like

Many thanks for your comment, and welcome to the community @user3206! :heart_eyes:

I’ll keep you updated on the progress here :slight_smile:

I’m all for this! I’m sure if you had this feature, my boss would be on board with the financial commitment.

1 Like

Many thanks for your comment, @Deirdre_roesch, and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

I hope we’ll be able to consider this request in our future updates, I’ll keep you in the loop here.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

This would be very useful

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your comment, @user3385!

Well yes, it seems it would be useful for a wide range of users, so let’s hope we’ll be able to consider this request in our future updates :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and welcome to the community!

Folks, we’ve started working on the option to support multiple layouts inside one calendar!

I’ll keep you updated on the progress :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome stuff @Helga

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

So happy to hear this. We are trying to implement a single event list for multiple restaurant venues … different views filtered by venue from the same master list would be HUGE for us.

1 Like