Next Generation Event Calendar: visitors can apply right on the website

I’ll eventually need an Event Calendar, but what I’d really like is for a resident (www.lpna.net) to be able to sign up for an event directly on the site, and have it automatically appear once they click Apply. That would save me a huge amount of time doing it myself.

Let’s say I have a resident that’s looking for a Pinnacle game, and needs three more players. I would put an app or form with his name at the top as the leader, with 3 spaces underneath. If a resident wants to join that group, he/she would type his/her name in a space, click Apply, and that name would remain in that slot for everyone to see. As compared to, the resident emailing me to be placed in that group. I would have to open the site, manually insert that players name and upload the site to the server. I’m trying to eliminate my part.

As I engineer this is my mind, what would need to happen is the player would put his name in the slot, then click Apply. That information would have to go back to my Elf Account and make the change, which would then automatically make the change on my phone site.

I’ve been trying to find a way to do this for a long time. Take my golf site (rollingingolfclub.org). If a player wants to sign up for a certain time, he would have to email us with the info. It then needs to be put into a Word doc, published to the site where it would then need to be downloaded to see the schedule. As compared to going to the site, putting his name down at 10:15am, clicking Apply and there it stays. WOW. When you look at it this way, you can see how much time that Widget would save.

1 Like

Mike, thank you so much for such a thorough and detailed description of your idea!

I do understand that such functionality would simplify the process for you big time, but I have to note that your use case is unique and the development will not be easy and fast.

At the moment we try to implement the most wanted requests first, so that a big range of users get the functionality they desired. It doesn’t mean that other requests get disregarded of course, but at the moment we’re not able to release complex or very custom requests :frowning:

This being said, we’ll try our best to consider your idea and think over the possibilities to support it, but I’m afraid I cannot guarantee that it will be done in the near future.

Anyways, a huge thank you for making this suggestion! It can happen that other users will find it useful, and in this case we’ll have to speed up the development process :slight_smile: