Need To Add Custom Filters

I wish you would add the ability to add custom filters to the calendar. For example; The ability to filter events by tags or location(city as opposed to venue). The majority of the event calendars that I’ve used prior to ElfSight have all had this capability. I think it’s a very important asset to any online event calendar.

3 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 18

Original comment from Byron Taylor transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment from yahnny san luis transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Dear folks,

Thank you so much for your interest in our widget and for your comments!

I totally understand your feelings and I’m truly sorry that Custom Filters are not supported yet.

I’ve consulted our development team and although they added this feature to their roadmap, they are afraid it is unlikely that it will be released among the first ones. I’m very sorry about it!

It surely doesn’t mean that the feature will be abandoned, and we’ll try our best to include it in our future updates.

Again, I’m sorry for such news and I thank you so much for your understanding :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram

Original comment from Josh Cohen transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

2 Likes

Looks like we can rename the current filters, but being able to filter by tag would be optimal.

3 Likes

@Matthew7 yeah, filters can be renamed now!

Thank you for your comment, we’ll try to think about adding support for custom tags, I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Elfsight Community and thanks a lot for your help! :tada:

1 Like

It would be great if the event calendar widget would allow a filter by tags, as well as the other filter options (event type, venue, etc)

2 Likes

Hi @Bolette!

I share your point and agree that this option would be of great help. We’ll try to consider your suggestion in our future updates. Please do not worry, we’ll keep you in the loop :wink:

Many thanks for sharing your idea with us and welcome to Elfsight Community :heart:

I need this. As a filter but also because it would likely allow for us to save and choose tags instead of having to type them for each event.

2 Likes

I would like to be able to change the name of a filter, from “Host” to “Musician” or have the ability to create my own filter.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Chris_Gonzalez :wave:

Yes, it would be really beneficial to add custom filters. We already have a similar request and I’ve moved your comment there. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

As for now, you can change Host to Musician right in the configurator. Just click on the Messages section on the Content tab and replace Host with Musician:

Membership platform here. Our members can take part in live events. We have various membership tiers, whereas the higher tiers include access to events for the lower ones. I’d love to be able to filter by membership tier, but because higher tiers include lower-tier events and I can only tick one event type per entry, I can not sort by membership tier.

Love the cal otherwise.

1 Like

Hi there @user8372

I completely get where you’re coming from, and I couldn’t agree more about the tag filter option - it would be a game-changing feature.

We already have a similar request on our Wishlist, and I’ve just added your request there too. You can keep an eye on all the updates right here :wink:

Thanks a bunch for your interest and help!

1 Like

I think creating a custom filter, that I create by my own and than set to the events would be amazing, and it will be very helpfull!

Couldn’t agree more with you @Dirk73 :+1:

We’ll try to consider this option in our future updates. I’ll keep you in the loop :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for pointing us in this direction!

1 Like

Is this being planned? I see this idea has been gathering upvotes for a while. It would be a game changer for us :slight_smile:
Love all your apps!

Hi @user8372 :wave:

We understand that this feature is really demanded, and we have plans to consider it in the future updates. However, we cannot provide an exact release timeframe at the moment.

We’ll keep you informed about any progress here :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for pointing us in this direction!