Embed a calendar with a certain filter selected by default

We would like to use a master calendar for our organization, but would like to embed it in multiple places with different filters selected by default. For example, on our homepage, we’d like the full calendar to display, so no filters pre-selected. On our parks & rec webpage, we’d like our “parks & rec” category to be pre-selected, so that visitors can instantly see the most relevant calendar entries by default, but still view the entire calendar there if they’d like to.

For instance, the organization’s full calendar with a monthly view would be displayed in one part of a company’s website, and then a widget in list view just showing the next six events (or filtering just online events, or just events for kids… etc) could be shown prominently the front page, drawing from the same master calendar, rather than having to maintain and update multiple calendars containing the same info.

2 Likes

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 17

1 Like

Original comment from Riz Wahid transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Original comment transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

For users with a lot of events, as well as different categories of events, it would be useful to be able to base multiple widgets on the one master calendar. For instance, the organization’s full calendar with a monthly view would be displayed in one part of a company’s website, and then a widget in list view just showing the next six events (or filtering just online events, or just events for kids… etc) could be shown prominently the front page, drawing from the same master calendar, rather than having to maintain and update multiple calendars containing the same info. Right now the work-around is to maintain one calendar and frequently duplicate it, then edit the duplicate, but it’s not ideal or automatic.

3 Likes

I have a similar use case. We organize local and national events. We would like to be able to have a master calendar with all events, and then other instances of the same calendar only showing the local events (with preselected filters).

3 Likes

@bcarne thank you very much for your comment and sharing your use case!

I also think it’s a lovely idea, and I hope we will be able to make it in our future updates.

Thanks a lot for your help! :slight_smile:

Hi… I am using ElfSight Event Calendrer , the feature to display filtered events on pages being not available, is one BIG gap, really surprised how this critical event calendar feature is still not done even after 2+ years this feature request is initiated on this thread.

1 Like

Hi @VrikshamClasses, thank you for your comment!

I’m truly sorry that we still don’t provide an important feature for your use-case, I totally understand your feelings. Although our dev team are doing the best they can when it comes to releasing new features, they are really hard-pressed to do it as fast as we’d love to :frowning:

I’ve shared this thread with the team, and I do believe they will find it possible to consider this request in one of the nearest updates. I’ll make sure to keep you updated.

Thanks a lot for your help and welcome to the community!

We are a large department and have many teams – all events go on our master calendar and then we have our filters.

Teams really want to be able to have just their events showing on their pages and there are two requests in this:

1. Being able to have a master calendar with a filter selected that does not take another one of our 9 widgets away
  2. Being able to view that calendar (with or without said filter) in a different view without having to copy that widget and update it every time we make an event update – I am currently doing this and it only takes a few minutes, but it’s a huge hassle as we add events weekly, but the view we want on our homepage is not the same view we want as the full calendar.

It truly should be a bit more dynamic

(Also, this originally request had 20 votes, which did not transfer over - that’s still not a ton, but seems to be a pretty lacking feature).

2 Likes

@Matthew7 thank you so much for such a thorough comment!

I see that it’s really a much desired option, and I cannot but agree that it would be a game changer. Our devs do have plans on working on this request, but I’m afraid it’s unlikely to be done in Q2 :frowning:

I anyways remind our devs about the most wanted features for them to always know what our customers need and wait for, so your comments are always highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for helping us!

Hi @Helga

I am not sure the priority of this specific feature. I know you’ve shared with the team, but knowing whether if it’s even on the roadmap and if it’s a quarter or 3 years away would be helpful.

We recently had a conference and I met with several folks from our various teams who love our new calendar, but given we have so many teams with so many events, things kind of get lost if you are looking at specific categories (child nutrition, federal programs, etc.) - and they would love to host their specific events on their team pages.

Right now, if they want this feature, I have to use one of our 9 widgets (we have more than 9 teams, so I can’t offer this to everyone - and already using 2 so I can use the exact same calendar with two different views on different pages) to create a new calendar with just their events on it, which is very timely and there is not capacity to offer this to all teams.

If we could create a link for a calendar with a specific view filter by default, it would change the way we do this event management across our entire state department.

Any update or ability to float this feature for consideration in the next cycle would be very much appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi @Matthew7, my apologies for such a late reply :pray:t2:

I’m truly sorry that the feature you’ve been eagerly waiting for is not yet available in our Event Calendar, I totally understand your frustration.

What I can assure you is that we have this request in our backlog, and we’re planning to release it, but it’s still hard to set an ETA. However hard it is to say, I’m afraid this feature is unlikely to be released this year, I’m really sorry :pensive:

I’ve discussed this thread with our dev team once again to highlight the interest around this very request, and I hope we’ll find resources to deliver this request in one of our future updates.

Matthew, thank you very much for your comment and your use case description, it does help us understand our customers’ pain points when improving our service.

1 Like

Is there any update on this? I have a master calendar with our golf clubs events on and want to be able to show that calendar preset to men’s/ladies etc for their own page. It’s a pain that it can’t be done yet :frowning:

1 Like

@Leigh_Manning happy to welcome you to the community!

Much as I’d love to share any update, I’m afraid I have none at present, I’m so sorry :pensive:

We have a lot of requests in our wishlist, hence we have to prioritize things and stick to the plan. But I’ll make sure to post an update here as soon as I have any news.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, it matters!

Hmmm! Yes, it’s Important post. I think, I will face this problem too later.

1 Like

We would love this feature as well! hopefully, it doesn’t take too long.

2 Likes

Hey @Ibrahim_Souadda :wave:

We are also eagerly waiting for this feature, but, unfortunately, we haven’t got any updates on it yet. Once any news come, we’ll inform you in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

A huge thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

2 Likes

Hi @Max , I just responded with a similar message on another post, but, this feature was requested almost 3 years ago, so it would be nice to hear from your team with a bit more information. Is this even on the list of considerations, is it in development, etc.

We have 8 different offices in our organization, and all our events go onto one calendar for our larger field (teachers and educators), but each office would love to have their own events on their page. The only way I can currently do this is to have a master calendar, but then have a separate calendar for every office, which just isn’t efficient.

So, we end up having 100+ events on our main calendar, which is really cumbersome, and no way to divide out in a meaningful way across our organization.

I understand there is no “news” but is this feature even in development?

I’ve really enjoyed Elfsight, but as our teams want to boost their own marketing, I need to come up with a solution that works for them all!

Appreciate your understanding and sharing!

4 Likes

We would also love this feature! Any updates?

2 Likes