Direct links to filters

E.g. is there an extension to the URL that could have ‘events’ selected as event type. domain.com/calendar=filter…

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 2

This is a vote to adjust the Calendar allowing a parameter to be passed, call it the “filter” parameter for description sake. The developer would be responsible for filling the parm with a name-value pair:

• the name would one of the be a standard filters on the calendar ( location, event type, tag - no dates, too tricky).
  • the value would be one of the customized values defined for that site.

Web developer is responsible for correct-spelling, non-blanks, etc.
If there is no match for either the ‘name’ or the ‘value’ - system would “no-op” the request and present the calendar default display.

Major improvements to the calendar were only released a few months ago (thank you!) and we realize it may take a while for Calendar to come up again on the development list.
Thanks for all you do. Great work.

Garrett

1 Like

@user751 Garrett, a huge thank you for your kind words and for sharing your ideas with us!

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed improvements for our Event Calendar, we really strive to make it much powerful :slight_smile:

Your ideas sound great and smart, I do believe we’ll take them under consideration in our future updates, too :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated!

Thanks for your quick reply. It gives me a chance to make a correction.
I suggested: "If there is no match for either the ‘name’ or the ‘value’ - system would “no-op” the request and present the calendar default display. "
This is only half correct. It may be too difficult for the backend system to validate whether the “value” portion is a valid one or not and would be left to display blank results. Developer is responsible to test for this condition. This would be acceptable behavior in my opinion.
Cheers,
Garrett

1 Like

Thank you for this note, Garrett!

Never hesitate to share your thoughts with us or ask questions, we’re always happy to assist :slight_smile: