Is it possible to enable the review widget to update automatically using custom CSS or a custom JS editor?

I’m experiencing difficulties with all the widgets not updating within the 72-hour timeframe. Each time I receive a new review after this period, I have to manually request a cache refresh, which is quite frustrating. It would be beneficial to incorporate some CSS or explore the possibility of enabling the review widget to update automatically using custom CSS or a custom JS editor. This could help the widget refresh itself, or alternatively, I may need to collaborate with the developer to address and resolve this issue. Ensuring my customers can readily see the latest reviews is crucial.

1 Like

Hi @Williams_probuilder :wave:

I totally understand your feelings and deeply apologize for any inconvenience cause!

I have to say that there is no option to implement the automatic update of the reviews through the Custom CSS or Custom JS.

We agree that 72 hours is quite a long refreshment period, but, unfortunately, we cannot reduce it now due to some technical restrictions. I am really sorry!

Hopefully, we will be able to overcome this hindrance in the future.

In the meantime, I’ve checked the widget on your website, and it seems to be working fine now.

All Yelp reviews are displayed now:

As for the Google Reviews, I see that you’ve chosen to display reviews only with the text, that’s why the latest review isn’t displayed in the widget:

If you disable this option, the latest review will be displayed:

I hope this explains things.

However, if you have issues with another widgets, please share a direct link to the page where your widget is installed. I’ll gladly check it for you!