Google Review widget update timeframes

I have received new reviews on my Goolge My Business Profile, but it doens’t show up in the widget yet. Does the widget update and show new reviews automatically, and if so, what is the update timeframe?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Darius :wave:

The new reviews don’t appear straightaway because of the 48-hours cache time. Our widgets use cache to make it load faster and to reduce the server load, so it doesn’t request review source each time someone browses your feed.

If it’s been more than 48 hours, and the reviews didn’t appear, please provide me with the direct link to the page with the issue. I’ll be happy to check everything for you :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Max, does this cache time work the other way - so if a review is deleted from a google account, the review will also be removed from the feed within/after the 48 hours?

1 Like

Hello @Simon7 and welcome to Elfsight Community :heart_hands: :tada:

Yes, the review will be removed from the widget after 48 hours since it was deleted from your account.

Thanks for the prompt reply Max.

1 Like

@Simon7 It’s nothing!

You are always welcome :raised_hands:

Hey Max!

Please can you confirm that the reviews will automatically update from Etsy as well?

Thank you!
Mandy

1 Like

Hi @Amanda1 :wave: Welcome to Elfsight Community :heart: :tada:

Yes, all our Reviews apps (including Etsy) have 48 hour cache time.

If it’s been more than 48 hours, and the reviews still didn’t appear, please provide us with the direct link to the page with the issue. We’ll be happy to check everything for you!

Please feel free to contact us if anything comes up.

Have a great day :wink:

Will do. Thanks for the prompt reply :smiley:

1 Like

It’s my pleasure :raised_hands:

Thank you Max!

1 Like

Same problem here. I’ll wait some more time and then I’ll possibly ask for a manual update.
I have 12 reviews, only two show.

Hi @Sergio_Longhi :wave:

As mentioned above, the new reviews don’t appear in the widget right away because of the cache. However, the cache time is 72 hours now.

If it’s been more than 72 hours and the new reviews still didn’t appear, please share a direct link to the page where your widget is installed. I’ll be happy to look into this for you :slightly_smiling_face: