Feature Discussion: Share access to your Elfsight account

first of all, a search option within widgets is a must.

2 Likes
  • give restricted access to particular widgets (for instance, to your clients)
    all the way!
3 Likes

THIS is exactly how I landed on this page — I need to give access to clients to edit/update their own widgets without accessing anything else in my Apps panel.

Can’t we just add additional seats for team members or users, as other SAAS do? Should be fairly simple.

Please make this feature available

2 Likes

Yes, I like all mentioned above.

2 Likes

Oh this is great, although its not a new widget (which I have not seen in over 10 years… hehe just kidding) its still a good implementation. It can for sure come in handy for things such as events or calendars etc…

2 Likes

If I had an advice for you guys is taking inspirations on “Gohighlevel” saas check their youtube channel. Elfsight widgets are just amazing. Next step is white label saas mode.
Keep it up, elfisghters staff and members

Reesource: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFiV4qDX5ipE-DQcsm1j4g

This option would be wonderful. I have a team that help with my website. Having them be able to work on our photo gallery widgets would be wonderful. I would want to restrict them from the billing info side of things though.

1 Like

This would be a very nice feature. As the owner of the account I cannot feel safe to share my credentials with web designers that I hire remotely. This feature is essential to being able to delegate work safely.

1 Like

Dear folks, we’re immensely grateful for all your comments with wonderful and so detailed suggestions!

We’ve read all your posts you left in this thread, and the good news is that our developers have started reviewing them and form the first steps towards this functionality development :slight_smile:

I do believe it’s going to be a solid feature that will help you run your projects much more effective.

I’ll keep you updated on how things are going, and if you’d love to add something else – don’t hesitate to do so :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

Being able to have user-submitted events would be game changing for our main business, yet still keeping an overview and being able to approve (or pre-approve certain regular users) before an event is posted. Similarly, the jobs board, which we currently do not use would become useful if it was possible for user generated content to be posted. The main website we run is a high volume tourist destination website, so it would create a whole new World for visitors and locals to explore and use.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I was writing this exact request to allow team members and clients edit specific widgets. When writing my request this thread appeared. Is there any ETA to release this feature? Currently I’ve a client that want to edit their restaurant menu. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @PEDRO, happy to see you in this thread!

I assure you that we ourselves have an urge to implement this very feature, but it’s not that easy due to the complexity in development and other concomitant issues.

What I’m saying is that this feature release is not a matter of a couple of weeks, it will take more time. But we’ve been digging into it in order to present it as soon as we can :slight_smile:

Thank you for your understanding!

We agree with @NOTYi – we have sooooo many widgets in use, especially in the Slider app, that we can’t find or organize or edit our widgets without scrolling through 10 pages of slider widgets.

It is painful.
As much as I would love the ability to have sub-users, the current state of not being able to search or find a specific app is too painful, working on anything other than this is a waste of time. it really is unusable.

Are other people not experiencing this?
If you are new and haven’t created a lot of apps to embed then you probably have no idea what i’m talking about. If you have a ton of widgets, i’m sure you feel my pain so please speak up.

Jeremy

1 Like

Hi @Jeremy, and thanks a lot for your comment!

I totally understand your pain, and I’m truly sorry that we still don’t have a searching option.

The good news is that this feature has already been added to our new dashboard for our cloud apps, which we expect to release within a couple of months.

Since this feature is already there, we’re trying to move further :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love to have the ability to give a client access to edit just the app used on their site. For example, if I install the Team Showcase widget on a client’s Squarespace site, I’d love for them to be able to edit a staff member’s bio, delete a person that left the company, add a new person, etc. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Justin3, happy to see you on our forum! :hugs:

Absolutely get your point, we actually want to start here exactly and make it happen for your clients to adjust their widgets themselves. It would definitely simplify things for both sides :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for sharing! I’ll be posting the updates in this thread on how things are going :raised_hands:t2:

This is the only reason I have to stop using Elfsight. As an agency the only options available to me to display FB Feeds are to become admin of all my clients FB pages or give all of my clients my login where they can see all other clients/billing etc…

I’ll be back in a heartbeat if this multi login function is implemented.

2 Likes

Hey @Brian2, very nice to see you on our forum!

I totally feel your pain, and we’re happy that we’re finally considering this opportunity. We realize the importance of this functionality, and we’re doing everything possible to make it happen in the near future.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we’re always happy to hear from you :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I asked for this when I first signed up - we can do it on other platforms and its such a no brainer giving clients the chance to add events, format their style etc. No prices, no access to anything other than their widget. Please, please can we have this?

1 Like

Hi @Pam, totally feel you! We also think that this feature is a must, and we’re doing everything possible to release it as soon as possible :slight_smile: