Button Widget - click action to link to different website not working?

I am trying to install a button that will allow users to click and be directed to a different page within our website. When I add the code to my site, the button shows up but nothing happens on click. Does anyone have troubleshooting ideas? I have no issues with other links opening.
button issue

1 Like

Hi, @user1578, very nice to see you in the Elfsight Community!

Could you please send the link to the page with the widget in question? I’ll be happy to check things for you :slight_smile:

Thank you, Helga. This is the link IASLC Lightning Member Portal the green “Registration Information” button is supposed to link to the “Tickets” page

This is also happening with the bottom banner - the social media icons will not open their respective websites.

Hello @user1578!

Please let me step in for Helga!

I’ve checked your website and see the issues. I am so sorry for all the inconvenience caused!

I’ve forwarded your request to our devs and, hopefully, they’ll come up with a proper solution really soon :rocket:

Please do not worry, I’ll keep you updated :wink:

Thank you, Maksim!

1 Like

Hi, Maksim -

Is there any update on this? Otherwise I need to remove the widgets from my site in order to send it to event attendees.

Thanks!

Hello @user1578!

I understand that this has been inconvenient for you, and I apologize for the wait :pensive:

Unfortunately, the issue turned out to be more complicated and time-consuming than we expected. Your request is marked as a top-priority task, and our developers are working hard to implement the fix as soon as possible.

I’ll immediately get back to you once I receive any news!

Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

Have a nice day!

Hello @user1578!

Thank you for waiting!

Our devs have checked your website and found you removed them.

I totally understand how inconvenient it could be and I am deeply sorry. Could you please install your Banner widget to the test page, so that we could investigate the issue?

As for the Button widget, the issue is displayed in the editor, so we are working on it at the moment.

Please let us know, once you install your Button widget to the test page and we’ll immediately start working on its fix

Hello,

I have added the banner to a different website that we are not currently using. They can find and test it here IASLC Lightning Member Portal

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @user1578!

Thank you so much!

I’ve forwarded this info to our devs. I’ll immediately get back to you as soon as I receive any news!

Have a nice day!

Hello @user1578!

Our devs checked everything and found the reason for the issue.

Your website is built with the help of Salesforce and in your website’s code we’ve found the following code:

lockerService blocks opening of the button link ans social media icons in your Banner widget:

You can find more detailed information about it in this article.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do with it. Please accept my sincere apologies :pensive:

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here.

Have a nice day!