Bring 'Google Customer Reviews' back

As already discussed (All-in-One Reviews: Google Customer Reviews source is not supported anymore), the Google Customer Reviews source was recently removed from the All-in-one Reviews widget, while I’m sure there are valid reasons for this, I wanted to keep it on the wishlist in the hope that it may be possible to bring back in future.

Considersations I’m aware of:

• Google Customer Reviews also aggregates reviews from pre-approved 3rd party review sites (the full list can be found here: Seller ratings overview - Google Merchant Center Help), and those reviews may or may not need to be excluded if they’re already being imported as their own separate source in the widget. A good example is productreview.com.au, which the widget supports. However, this is also an opportunity to pull in reviews from other unsupported channels, so you would not want to exclude them all the time. At a minimum a safe bet would be to only include reviews that list ‘Google Customer Reviews’ as the source and ignore the rest.
2 Likes

@Andrew_Cattarin thank you very much for leaving your request along with all the details here!

I’m really sorry that our decision to remove this source affected you, but probably we really will find a smoother solution for this use case in the future :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help, it’s much appreciated!

1 Like

I too am wondering about this. It is the most popular feature amongst my clients and I obviously missed this announcement. Does that mean this function is no longer available?

Removed April 20th 2023 according to the post I linked above (All-in-One Reviews: Google Customer Reviews source is not supported anymore)

1 Like

It doesn’t look like they have given a reason? At least all my clients that have it already set up will still have it. Such a shame

Hi Pam! To avoid any misunderstanding, I’d love to mention that we continue to support Google My Business reviews, which are currently used in your widgets, as far as I can see.

Could you please confirm that you used Google Customer reviews along with Google My Business ones and you need them back?

Just in case, here’s an article that explains the difference between the two types of reviews: Google Customer Reviews or Google My Business Reviews.

Hi Helga

All of my clients use Google my Business reviews - most are service driven and not e commerce - that is why this is so important to us.

Pam

1 Like

Hi Pam, thank you for your reply!

I see, and I’m happy to assure you that the Google My Business source was not affected, and we have no plans to deprecate it as it’s indeed a very popular source with a wide variety of customers :slight_smile:

That said, you’re welcome to keep using the widget since the source you need is safe and sound.

What we’ve stopped supporting is the Google Customer reviews source which you don’t use as far as I see :slight_smile:

Phew - thanks for the clarification Helga - much appreciated!

Pam

1 Like

Hello I just joined and set up Google Business reviews widget but I really want a Google customer review widget. Any plans to bring it back?

1 Like

Happy to see you on our forum! Welcome @user9588 :wave:

If this request gains more votes, our devs will try to consider this opportunity in one of our future updates. We’ll keep you in the loop :wink:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!

Please bring it back, we would love to keep the widget but as is has limited use for us since most of our reviews are on Merchant Center.

2 Likes

Hi @Picture and welcome to the Community :wave:

In case, Google Customer source is going to gain ground, we’ll try to think over its implementation in our future updates. I’ll keep you informed about any progress here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so much for pointing us in this direction!

The same situation for me: having an e-commerce shop, all our reviews are released via Google Customer Reviews. It is therefore essential that it is reinstated. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us @Roberto_Tello :+1:

We’ll try to consider bringing Google Customer Reviews back in one of our future updates. I’ll keep you posted here in case of any changes :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, Google Merchant reviews are also the most important for us. Could you please restore them?

1 Like

Hi there, @user15796 :wave:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I am afraid we can’t give any predictions right now. However, we’ll see for more votes from the community and perhaps it might happen. I’ll make sure to update you here in case of any changes :slightly_smiling_face: