Before / After Slider - how is it counted

If I use the before/after widget on a page, is it counted for each picture?

In other words, if I have a page with 5 before/after slider pics on it. is it counted as 5 views every time the page is viewed?

Even though I have a large number of monthly views, I’m always worried about running out of views.

Hi @Hugh!

Sure, I’m happy to explain the way the views works :slight_smile:

One view is basically your page’s one loading. In other words, views indicate a number of times the page with the widget was loaded, so views and content in widgets itself are different things

Hence, it doesn’t matter how many images your widget contains and how actively a user interacts with the content, it will still be one view for one website visitor until they reload the page.

We have more detailed info about the views and how they work in our Help Center, feel free to check out it here: Views: everything you need to know - Elfsight Help Center

Please let me know if you have other questions :slight_smile:

From that link:

If you have two widgets of the same app on one page, that’ll also be two views instead of one.

So just to be clear, I’m guessing if I place one of each of these three on one page, each time the page is viewed it will count as 3 widget views?

How about if I put 4 of this one on one page? 4 widget views per pageload?

Yes, in this case you’re right! Each widget installed on one page will bring one view.

If you have, let’s say, 5 Before-After sliders on your page, every page reload will cost 5 views in total.

1 Like