Auto-Sync events with existing Google/Apple/Microsoft Calendars (Google Calendar released)

Hello @Matthew_Hanly :wave:

I am happy to say that we are working on the Google Calendar integration. You can vote for this feature to keep up on top of the news.

I cannot but agree that Microsoft integration would bring much value as well. This idea will be on our radar!

A huge thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and welcome to Community :wink:

2 Likes

We should be able to import all data from MS Excel or a Microsoft calendar but if it’s too complicated for you then a JSON import shouldn’t be that hard to set up

1 Like

Hey there @The_Algar :wave:

A huge thank you for sharing your ideas!

Unfortunately, these options aren’t supported in our app now, but we have a similar request in our Wishlist. I’ve moved your request to the dedicated thread, where we’ll keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the importing events from the json, it’s quite a tall order as well. However, we have such a request in the Wishlist. You can keep an eye on it here - Simple JSON API for creating and modifying events

Yep. Adding the ability to integrate with google calendar would be very useful!
I want it.

2 Likes

Not so much interested in integrating with MS Outlook–don’t use it anymore–but an absolute “Yes” for integrating with Google Calendar.

1 Like

Gotcha @user130 :+1:

If this request is going to gain ground, we’ll try to make it happen in one of the nearest updates. We’ll keep you informed about any progress :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot for your interest and help!

More than 80 per cent of our website visitors use I-phone or other smartphone in order to check, what is new and what are next interesting events shown in elfsight calendar, which is integrated in our website. Nearly everybody uses his smartphone calendar for dates, events and meetings and share in the family or with friends
However, there is no way (except sending an e-mail to myself and copying at least date and time and fingering all the other event information) simply to put one or two interesting events directly into the i-phone or other smartphone calendar.
Please arrange putting in Event Calendar dates directly into i-phone or other smartphone calendar by 1 or 2 clicks
This way you will make our friends and visitors really happy!
Thanks in advance

Hey there @user8525 :wave:

Glad to tell you that we already have a similar idea in the Wishlist, and I’ve moved your comment there too. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a million for your input and yes, welcome to the Community!

Agree needs a sync subscribe feature.

I know you can add each event 1 by one to your favourite platform, outlook, google etc.

Would be good if a user could subscribe to the whole calendar (i.e. a shared calendar) and then it auto syncs to their device all the updates.

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest, @user12443, and welcome to the community!

As for the sync option, we’ve started working on the Importing events from your Google Calendar feature, which is going to be our first step :slight_smile:

By the way, we’re currently discussing very important questions regarding that feature concept, so feel free to join us here: Import events from an existing Google Calendar - #52

We also have a separate request for a subscribe to the whole calendar option, please vote for it here: Can you create an option for people to subscribe to event calendar :blush:

1 Like

There are very few online calendar apps that import from these to create a visually appealing and customizable calendar. The one we currently use is going to close this year. We use MS Outlook .ICS links and it would be great if Elfsight filled this gap!

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Steve_Westfall :wave:

Glad to tell you that currently we are working on the opportunity to import events from Google Calendar. You can follow the updates in this thread - Import events from an existing Google Calendar.

Regarding Apple and Microsoft Calendars, we’ll try to consider these options as well. We’ll keep you informed about any changes here :slightly_smiling_face:

In both directions, Google to widget and the reverse way.

1 Like

Hello friends :wave:

We are super excited to announce that now you can import events from your Google Calendars!!!

Check this post for more details :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is this a constant automatic sync, or a push-to-import?

1 Like

Constant sync, just refresh the page

2 Likes

Hi @Ian_Struckhoff :wave:

@ivanb is absolutely right, the changes will appear in the widget almost instantly :slightly_smiling_face:

Bravo :clap: :clap: :clap: it was about damn time :musical_note:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Pull events from the widget to Google Calendar