Simple JSON API for creating and modifying events

Assuming a user has customised the calendar to their needs and created all the locations and tags already, a simple create event accepting the basic info including image url and button info (link), would be initially sufficient.

Ideally one would be able to modify all the calendars options and even create new calendars but we have no need for that functionality, just the potential to add new locations would be enough further development for us.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 4

It would be helpful to support at least a GET of JSON that maps to the existing data structure. Second, it would be nice to support a calendar feed like google/outlook/apple ICS - these feeds already exists and have been defined.

1 Like

Hey there @Scott_Cate and welcome to the Community :wave:

We already have a similar request in the Wishlist and I’ve merged your comment with this topic. I’ll keep you updated here.

As for the support of the calendar feed like Google, do I understand correctly that you’d like to import events from the existing calendars like Google to your Event Calendar widget?

Hi, I’m no longer working on the project using this, and can’t remember the request in clear detail. You’ll have to use what you have.