Event Calendar Needs More Features/Options

First off, I love the interface of the Event Calendar app and I think it looks great on my site(General Listings). This being said, I think you’ve fallen a bit short in the development of the app as far as features and usability.

I have 11 instances of the app on my site, however, none of them are the same calendar. For my paid customers, they have each of their events listed on 3 different calenders. As opposed to an option to copy an event to another calendar, I have to input the same event 3 seperate times. I previously used Timely calendars on my site and was able to simply create an event and select what calendars I wanted the event displayed on but still only entering the event 1 time. It’s very monotonous having to enter the same thing multiple times.

It would be great if I could save all tags and be able to utilize them in the filters. At very least enable a search function.

Too many times I have inadvertently hit the browswer back button as opposed to the Elfsight back button only to lose hours of work. You really need to institute an “auto save” or at least a prompt to save work before allowing one to leave the page.

I have to manually alphabatize all the venues and event types(which I am using as Location). Again, this is very monotonous. Is there any CSS or something I can add to automatically alphabetize all of these items. I have a ton of locations and when I add a new ones, I have to re-sort everything. If it’s not possible now, I would strongly reccommend adding this feature.

Somehow, you need to enable the ability to add links in the information box.

That’s it for now. Again, I understand that you are a newer company and I’m not sure how much effort you put into each app individually but, these are some things that would greatly enhance your product. Like I said, I think it looks great on site it’s just a pain in the ass “behind the scenes”.

I appreciate your time and efforts and will look forward to hearing back from you.

Folks, our former Wishlist portal, where our users shared their requests and suggestions, was transferred to this forum. You’re most welcome to vote, add new ideas, and leave your comments here — we surely will consider them all! :star_struck:

Original Votes: 6

Original comment from Dean Lester transferred from the previous Wishlist portal:

Hello folks,

Thank you very much for all the ideas and suggestions!

They all sound really reasonable and I agree that they would be a great addition to the widget. We have plans to pay closer attention to our Event Calendar as we see great potential in this widget and huge popularity.

We’ll try our best to consider your ideas for future updates as we do want our Event Calendar to be more robust and more flexible.

Thank you so much for helping us and for your patience! :pray:t2:

Helga, Community Manager

Keep up with latest updates — Facebook
Get to know our team — Instagram