Audio player is registering my views

I have the audio player on my site, in the instructions it says as long as I am logged in and using the same browser it will not log my visits, it used to be that way and no issues, it never logged my views, I am using brave browser.

But now something has changed, it logs my views, so as its a new site and I am editing the page every time I refresh or visit the page again it clocks up another view.

Also in the past when i hovered over the playlist a small popup top left appeared saying “only the owner can see this”, with a link to elfsight in it, that has now gone, is that why my own views are being registered ?

I also have 2 other widgets on site as well and the small link that used to pop up on the left has gone on them as well (but I have not checked to see if they are registering my views as well)

Thank you,
Steve

elfsight sent me a AI reply that helped to fix the issue, if you are having the same problem and using the Brave browser read below.

Hi,

Thank you for the AI reply, it helped to sort out the issue, for your information, I am using Brave browser, and your widgets did not used to register my own views, but since the brave browser updates your widget does now register my views.

Now it seems the brave browser is blocking the file called https://gc.zgo.at/count.js automatically (brave browser never used to do that), now anyone using the brave browser will need to turn off “Brave Shields” in the browser for the website they have the widgets on so the elfsight widget will no longer register the owners views.

Hi there, @user39900 :waving_hand:

I am happy to see that the AI response helped you resolve the issue! Thanks a lot for the update and sharing this info with the Community.

If any other questions come up, feel free to contact us again. We’ll be happy to help :wink:

not a problem, however this new brave update will cause issues (owners views being logged) with all elfsight widgets, so somehow you will need to post on all widget pages ?

Thanks for the heads-up! I’ll make sure to pass this along to the team, and we’ll give it some thought on our side. Really appreciate the feedback :slightly_smiling_face: