Widget for checking local delivery area

We’re looking for a widget to add to our products on our online flower shop. We need for customers to be able to check if we deliver locally to their address. The idea is that the customer types in the zip code and get a response if we deliver or not to that zip code. We wanted to display the widget on every product of our ecwid store. Is something like this possible? I was trying to create one from scratch but I don’t really know what I am doing.

1 Like

Hi @Maria_Teresa_Lander :wave:

This is a really cool suggestion, thanks a lot for sharing!

If this request gets more votes, we’ll try to consider such an opportunity in our future enhancements. All the updates will be posted here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot for your interest and yes, welcome to Community!

1 Like

I’m not personally familiar with doing this, but I’ve read that chatcpt can create wordpress add-ins such as this.

2 Likes

Thank you, I tried this but it was confusing. I guess I just have to ask better questions. My closest approach to programming was “Hello World!” :sweat_smile: so it’s going to take a me while.

I was able to create the widget but now I don’t know how to upload it to my website which is hosted in wix and my store is in ecwid. When I upload to wix, I don’t get a response after entering the zip code. Cahtgpt says it might be because wix could have security measures for javascripts. And when I upload the code to ecwid’s product page, the code changes after saving. It removes the head

Delivery Widget And starts the code at the body so it shows letters instead of a widget. Any thoughts?

All I can suggest is to google how to work with creating a plugin for ecwid, and then specify that with chatgpt. I have no idea if this is going to be successful, but I think it is a long shot to hope that elfsight would create a plugin that only one person really needs.

Assuming you are only doing deliveries to a small area, a much more likely solution might be to create an elfsight popup listing all the zip codes you deliver to. Then have it triggered to “pop up” by a button that says “Do We Deliver To Your Area” and put it on every page.