WhatsApp Chat notification issue

I turn on the notification in the whatsapp app. I notice that Google index this (1 message) and now that affects my google ranking. The effect is nice in the tab, but it may NOT be indexed by google. I have now turned it off on all my sites but can you fix that?

A website (wordpress) where that works well on is from a competitor of mine: https://www. 321klik. nl there when you go to another tab you see the text change as well. Perhaps you can learn how they do it technically.

Other thing, it slows down the pageload, is there something that the Whatsapp is loading after a few seconds?

1 Like

Hi there @Alexander7 and welcome to Elfsight family :wave:

Could you please specify which tool you are using to check the Google ranking of your website? Also, the screenshots of the results with this feature enabled/disabled would be much helpful. I’ll be happy to check if anything can be done :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the page loading speed, we have a way of improving the performance.

You are very welcome to reinstall your widget by using some kind of lazy loading. It means that the widget will appear on the page only after the visitor interacts with the page, at least move the cursor.

To make it work, you need to add a data-elfsight-app-lazy attribute to the widget installation code. Here’s what the installation code will look like:

<script src="https://static.elfsight.com/platform/platform.js" data-use-service-core defer></script>
<div class="elfsight-app-WIDGET-ID" data-elfsight-app-lazy></div>

Check it out and let me know how it worked :slightly_smiling_face:

Please replace WIDGET_ID in the code above with the ID of your own widget and install it on your website

Hi Max, are you a little confused? The data-elfsight-app-lazy is already in the code by default or am I confused.

What I did is typed the company url/domain into google and there I saw it listed!

You can also just enter site:www.example.nl in the google search bar and you will see all indexed pages.

@Alexander7 Oh, my bad. I am so sorry for missing that!

I’ll double-check with the devs if there is a way to improve the loading speed of the page and will get back to you :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the second issue, I got what you mean.

In order to change your title in Google Search, you can either wait for Google to reindex the page or you can request earlier reindexation following the steps from Google documentation - Ask Google to recrawl your URLs. This should resolve the issue.

Keep in mind that reindexation may take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

Ask the developers to also prevent the message from being indexed by Google. I have turned it off now. It is possible, as I already wrote in my first message.

So 2 questions:

1. Lazyload for performance or something else. 2) Prevent the “message” text from the tab from being indexed by Google.
1 Like

Yeah, I got it!

I’ve shared these questions with the devs. Once I receive a response from them, I’ll immediately let you know :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve talked to the devs and that’s what they said:

1. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent the notification from being indexed by Google if the “Show Notification in the browser tab” setting is enabled. I am really sorry! I’ve added your idea to the Wishlist and we’ll try our best to consider it in our future updates - Prevent the notification from notification if the "Show Notification in the browser tab" is enabled

2. To improve the page loading speed, please replace your widget’s installation code with this script:

<script
  src="https://static.elfsight.com/platform/platform.js"
  data-use-service-core
  defer
></script>
<script>
  const DELAY = 2000;

const currentScript = document.currentScript;

window.addEventListener('load', () => {
    setTimeout(() => {
      currentScript.insertAdjacentHTML(
        'beforebegin',
        '<div class="elfsight-app-c55130ab-9b4b-433d-9b77-f7ad9863e196"></div>'
      );
    }, DELAY);
  });
</script>

Please try it out and let me know if it helped :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanx, i will tried the new code.

Please look at this site: https://www.321klik.nl/ u can see if u go to an other TAB there is a dutch message. That TAB message is NOT index bij google, so technical it is possible. Maybe the fevs can learn how the do that.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing an example!

I’ve shared this example with the devs and we’ll try to investigate it in the future :slightly_smiling_face: