WhatsApp Chat doesn't work in Notion

Hi, i just tried it with a WhatsApp business account and it just doesn’t work.
I’m trying to put a WhatsApp button into a Notion’s page but no way to get something usable.
With Firefox when I click on the button to chat it opens another window and then an error message appears.
I first thought it was a problem with Firefox and site’s auth and then tried with Edge.
Pasting directly the integration URL into the Web address field I get the WhatsApp button but when I click on the Chat button I’m again with an error. It ask me to launch the WhatsApp desktop app…
Nothing that drive me directly where I should be directed, my business account…
My clients will never spend a minute to try understanding what’s wrong, and I lost myself more than 1H30 trying to make it to work !
For something that should be “done in a minute”…
I just paid for this and I paid BECAUSE it looks like simple and quick to implement…
Lost of money and time…

Hi @Ankharys and welcome to Elfsight Community :wave:

I am so sorry about all the frustration caused!

Actually, our widget is an interface that connects your website to WhatsApp. So when you click Start Chat, you get redirected to the mobile or desktop WhatsApp messenger, and the chat takes place on WhatsApp side.

So to use the widget, your visitors need to have access to the WhatsApp messenger.

Do I understand correctly that it’s the only issue?

If you have Whatsapp messenger installed and the issue still occurs, please send me a direct link to the webpage where your widget is installed.

We’ll be more than happy to check things for you!

2 Likes

Hi…
I tried another one which allow using Telegram or Messenger too, called All-In-One Chat and what you said effectively works like this when I’m using it with my Telegram account using the link “@NameOfMyAccount”.
With Telegram I get the page allowing me to open the Telegram app on my Android device or the Desktop app on my PC but with WhatsApp i get an error message saying WhatsApp rejected the request.
As I said, with All-In-One Chat just like with WhatsApp Chat I get an error.
I tried with the Share on WhatsApp to connect the widget but WhatsApp servers reject the link. If I paste the exact same URL into the browser, with Edge I get a Web page allowing me to open the WhatsApp desktop app but from Notion or WhatsApp Chat or any other I get an error.
Then I suppose WhatsApp servers reject this URL when sent from a Website and not from a Web browser…
I tried with the short link for my WhatsApp business and also with the phone number of my personal WhatsApp account.
With the Business account, they maybe ask to set up something on WhatsApp Business developer account.
With just my personal phone number, it should just work “out of the box”.
It works with Telegram…
Then ?..

1 Like

Hi @Ankharys :wave:

Thank you for such a detailed description of the issue!

I’ve checked your WhatsApp Chat and All-in-One Chat widgets and everything is working fine in the widget editor.

Could you please send me a link to your Notion page, so that I could check things?

1 Like

Hi,
I’m actually working on the page and I did remove the WhatsApp Chat Widget.

I just put it again just after the All-In-One Chat Widget.

In the Notion’ web page you’ll find out both widgets in the toggle menu “Chatear en directo”

As I said, I tried with Firefox and Chrome…

Both widgets are set with the short URL provided by WhatsApp Business Android application.

I’m trying to implement a form in the same page…

Thanks

@Ankharys I got it, thank you!

Could you just send me a direct link to Notion webpage?

I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

1 Like

Lol…

I just forgot to put the link in the mail !!!

Lol…

Sorry…
https://rapidenvio-es.notion.site/Contacto-0f829efdeb174b85a539a2dcc0cc226c

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I’ve forwarded your request to our devs! Please do not worry, I’ll keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Ankharys :wave:

Thank you for waiting!

I’ve consulted with our devs regarding your case and, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do with it/

The point is that the widget is placed in an iframe, and some services block links opened from the frame. I am really sorry about that :pensive:

Please let me know if this explains things or if you have any other questions.

Hi Max…
I already discussed with Renata and we finally decided to change the paid subscription with WhatsApp widget to All-In-One subscription.
I really regret all I’ve already done with Notion because the program makes me lose too much time.

I’m trying since two week now to use Make to access Notion database and add, modify et thing from forms but by now it’s just too many nights and days trying to use Make tools.
I’m really looking for things that allow me rapid development.

Anyway, thanks for your help Max…

1 Like

@Ankharys Thank you for your kind words!

I totally understand your feeling and I am really sorry about it :pensive:

If any questions come up or any assistance is needed, we are always here for you.

Have a great day!