What would you love to see on the forum?

Hello friends! :sparkles:

Although this forum is for you to communicate and find help, we from our end are also willing to make this place as informative and useful as possible.

We’ll be extremely grateful for you to share your thoughts on what kind of content you’d love to see from us.

These are our ideas:

• AMA rubric, where we answer your previously asked questions (in a text or video format)
  • Deeper changelog, describing new features in greater detail
  • Behind the scenes rubric, so you know what we’re doing at this very moment
  • Reveal service and company’s achievements

What else you would love/would not love to hear from us? Let’s discuss! :zap:

5 Likes

Hi Pam and welcome!

Thanks a lot for your feedback, we’re so happy to hear that this forum idea resonates with you :slight_smile:

And thanks for sharing your thoughts, it’s really important for us!

1 Like

I like the idea of AMA rubric :+1:

2 Likes

I like all of these ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice ideas @Helga ! :clap: :clap: It would be also great to have a discussion board for ‘New Feature Requests’. The dev team could hear directly what the community likes and needs. I’m sure there are a lot of common requests or ideas that would come out of it.

2 Likes

As it relates to this forum, I would like to see a category for each type of Elfsight widget. This will make it easier to read, find and discuss issue’s/questions with each particular widget.

2 Likes

Sounds Awesome! happy to see the community forum! I’ll be super happy to see a “Features Request” section :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Tiran!

I absolutely agree that it would be amazing to discuss desired features here. As you already might know, we have a wishllist where you can leave any feature requests at https://wishlist.elfsight.com/. We’re considering the ways on its integration to the forum, so that all the needed channels are in one place here :slight_smile:

Do you think it could be a good call?

1 Like

This is a very reasonable note, Verity, thank you!
We’ll try to think in this direction as well :+1:t2:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Yes, Features Requests is an absolute must, and at the moment we have a separate wishlist channel here: https://wishlist.elfsight.com/.

But we’re thinking on the ways to integrate the Wishlist to this forum, so you have all the options in one place :slight_smile:

Do you think it will be a good solution?

1 Like

Thanks @Helga I didn’t know about the wishlist channel! Thanks for sharing :+1: and yes I think it would very nice to have the wishlist in the forum.

2 Likes

What is AMA rubric?

1 Like

AMA stands for ‘ask me anything’ — we’re going to collect a pack of questions from you and then give answers to all of them either in written form or via a video :slight_smile:

1 Like

The explanations in the changelog explanations are often too short. for example:

Another week — another update! Today we’ve got some news to share about Subscription Form and Popup widget!

IMPLEMENTED
Both : an option to pass user’s email into the Email Notifications template
Both : Consent and Choice elements are added

FIXED
Both : Mailchimp integration functions correctly now

I would like to see a minimum of 2-3 sentences explaining what was added, changed or fixed, so I know if it affects my usage of the widgets.

2 Likes

Hi Hugh!
I absolutely agree, that’s why we decided to post more detailed and thorough changelogs here, so you know what exactly was done and whether your widgets were affected.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Would it be possible to link the apps portal to the community forum so that there is a more obvious link between them and to help keep the community active as time moves on. I am sure if a link was ever present there it would be helpful.

1 Like

Absolutely love your idea, Phil!
This is something I’m going to discuss with our developers shortly. Thank you for your suggestion!

1 Like

I’d love to see a master list of most of your widget CSS selectors so I can customize my Elfsight widgets quickly on my own without contacting your support to get the CSS selector names first :smiley:

2 Likes

Fair enough and a very nice request! I’ll definitely add your idea to my list of this forum improvement ideas :wink:

I like all of these ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like